Bose Luxury amp in a non-Bose system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for any audio wizards.

I found an amplifier from a 2002 Yukon Denali, and compared it to a non-Bose amp. The connectors are identical, so that got me thinking. Apart from it being much larger than my original amp, will it work with my stock system?

I only paid $21 for it, so no big loss if it won't.

OP
OP
NoReverseYukon

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and bought some wiring harnesses to relocate the new amp to a spot under the center console. Yet another project added to the list.

I guess I will become that audio wizard ;)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Short answer is probably not. Possibly if yours is an 00-02 but it will be a lot of work. If yours is an 03-06 it won’t work, the entire electrical system changed.

OP
OP
NoReverseYukon

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since mine is an '01, I think I will give it a shot. I'm gonna head back to the junkyard and pull an '03+ amp just in case, and see what Bose head units I can find. The only difference I found so far is that the connectors will need to be rewired.

I know most folks will say to just put in aftermarket stuff, but what fun is that?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since mine is an '01, I think I will give it a shot. I'm gonna head back to the junkyard and pull an '03+ amp just in case, and see what Bose head units I can find. The only difference I found so far is that the connectors will need to be rewired.

I know most folks will say to just put in aftermarket stuff, but what fun is that?
I have the Lux amp in my 02 Denali. I use it to run the 4 door speakers, 2 a-pillar tweeters and 2 d-pillar mids. I have a Pioneer DD head unit and run a Soundstream amp to a 10” JL sub in an MTX Thunderform enclosure behind the rear panel. (Can’t get them anymore) It’s a hybrid system and sounds awesome, the imaging from the Lux amp is really good, great surround sound. Hope you get it working, good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2