Boost a hoe???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bai78

Surviving
Reaction score
True for the most part, however mine was $1600 shipped. So far I have only had to replace the surge/bypass valve ($23) and a couple of elbows/connectors.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are deals out there, it just takes patience to find them.

To make room for the Twins, I sold a complete Vortech blower kit, from my 95 Tahoe, for $500.00.

It only had a couple thousand miles on it and it was in perfect condition.

It helps if you have fabricating skills, if you are going to piece a blower set up together. :)

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the stock spider mess fuel system handle the SCers ok?
What kind of HP can be expected with the stock injection?
What kind of HP can be expected with the upgraded fuel injection?
I have been reading about upgradeable injectors for our manifolds. Opinions?
What do you guys do?

I'd throw a SCer on if i could find one for short $$$$.

bai78

Surviving
Reaction score
It is said to expect 400 crank hp to be supported by the L31 injectors. This is consistent with either the poppets or the mini injectors.

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
Right in your back yard is a shop called TRT ( texas rear turbos) they can build you a custom kit and they arent that out of line on price. They do awesome work.

1BAD9T7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Like mentioned above, why not look for a deal on a used kit? I would think that with the economy in the toilet, a few folks would be selling off toys and they could be had for much cheaper than the original cost... I bought my Powerdyne kit from a buddy for 1800.00 , and it was only a week old :mexsmoke: He needed cash ASAP for an emergency and I made the best of the situation... LOL

Jason

thor1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turbo

i am an avid fabricator.. i ahev messed with many turbo applications.. i recently just finished ip doing a turbo set up on my 2004 tahoe... best thing i have done.. better mpg as well . superchargers are good and all but you suffer mpg ad more starin on your motor.. turbos work off of load so the harder your motor is working the more your turbo works to relieve tyour motor of the stress.. i custom made a undercar turbo .. everything is pretty much where my muffler would be turbo , intake filter etc... also everything stays cooler .. more airflow as well , keeps he heat away from the engine compartment which can ruin turbos.. i have built a few of these kits for buddies and my bro in law. they all love it ... an easy extra 100+ hp and increase in mpg.. where else would you get that ... im cheaper than a supercharger kit, but it still cost a pretty penny.. but ya gotta pay to play right.. there is a company that first designed this set up which i just kinda copied since i have access to almost every tool and have the knowledge and fab skills.. check them out so you can better undertsand what im talking about .. ststurbo.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exceltheink

Latest posts