Body Wiring Harness Junction Block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Team

Ive been having an electrical issue with my 07 escalade. Everytime I plug in my OBD2 reader to my escalade either to check for codes or for live data, I get this clicking sound from under dash. Its a very rapid clicking that comes and goes. When trying to read live data it makes it difficult as the car wants to shut off. all my gauges go bunkers aswell. If I remove the obd plug then everything is good.

The clicking I hear is coming from the

Body Wiring Harness Junction Block​

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the junction block is what I think it is, one of the relays may be malfunctioning. An infrared gun might show one that is warmer than the others, or you may be able to identify it by touch (feeling the vibration of the relay activating).

Has the wire from the diagnostic port been inspected to make sure there's not a splitter in it with another device plugged into the other splitter port?

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the junction block is what I think it is, one of the relays may be malfunctioning. An infrared gun might show one that is warmer than the others, or you may be able to identify it by touch (feeling the vibration of the relay activating).

Has the wire from the diagnostic port been inspected to make sure there's not a splitter in it with another device plugged into the other splitter port?
Ok so i briefly looked at the wires coming off the obd port and followed them with in a feet or 2. I noticed that there is some kind of splitter from one of the wires.

I will inspect this more tomorrow with time and see where it goes. But it looks like its to one of the plugs on the BCM