Body panels not aligned? Common or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JC 707

Reaction score
My 2019 Tahoe has misaligned panels here and there, worst on the rear hatch on the bottom left almost touches the bumper on left side where the right side has a good gap.

I let it be and just made sure it doesn't rub while closing because with my crap luck it would come back with more problems then a fix.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my new to me 2017 Yukon Denali and noticed that some of the body panels are not fully aligned. Affected is the drivers door and passenger rear door. I guess my only question is if this is common or not? This truck has a clean carfax. I guess its possible it could have been involved in an accident and not reported but nothing else indicates any kind of repair work to the truck.

View attachment 272162 View attachment 272163
View attachment 272164

Thanks
-Cody
this is common on a Tesla

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to be a common theme on GM and other manufacturers (domestic and foreign). The only times I have fixed it was where one panel was coming in contact with another (e.g., hood and fender or hood and front cowel between the hood and windshield).

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its normal, had three newer style Tahoes and suffered from the doors not lining up perfectly especially at the bottom. I think I would leave well enough alone so you don't create a wind noise or water leak.

My 2019 Tahoe has misaligned panels here and there, worst on the rear hatch on the bottom left almost touches the bumper on left side where the right side has a good gap.

I let it be and just made sure it doesn't rub while closing because with my crap luck it would come back with more problems then a fix.

My 2016 LT I bought brand new is similar. Same goes for my previous Impala-Caprice-Town Car. Never did anything about it.

I would leave well enough alone just like Tahoe14 said. You might open a can of worms trying to have a body make it perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable