BLUESTAR - Discontinued As Of 2-7-2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh these are wonderful, and work perfectly, but FIND one... they are discontinued... the last one on eBay that I bid on went for over $300.

OP
OP
S33k3r

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is accurate. I received a notice, too. Just forgot to update this thread. I am still unsure of it's value. $279 seems pretty steep when just about any aftermarket radio does the same things. If you want to keep the stock radio, however, it is the only way to go.

What do you guys think?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only real advantage I see of using the blue star setup is if you want to be able to hit the phone button on the mirror to be able to voice call via Bluetooth. And quality of the onstar mic is pretty good from what I understand so it would make calls clear.
I made the decision to just buy a new headunit with apple car play. It does the same thing and it’s all incorporated with the headunit. plus the pioneer headunit is way better than the stock setup for all its features. I can just use my Siri via the apple car play to do the same thing the blue star device would do. And technically it’s hands free because i can use my hey Siri feature and not have to push a button. If you’re staying with a stock radio setup than I’d say go for the bluestar device.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the idea to use the Costar/Bluestar replacement of the Onstar. I can use the factory- installed Onstar stuff.

( IMO , I don't trust the Siri/Google stuff )

My CoStar box is shipped.

I am not clear...... WHERE IS MY ONSTAR BOX LOCATED?? I read, is either behind my glove box, or buried behind the radio?
( 2005 Yukon BTW )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts