Blower Motor Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hickory

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2005 Z71 Tahoe with the dual auto temp control that's giving me a little trouble. It's my wife's daily driver, and today she reported that she wasn't getting any air out of the vents until she started moving. I did a little diagnostic this afternoon and here is what I came up with.

1. Rear AC works so ruling out the compressor.

2. Blower relay on the fuse panel is working (swapped it with the horn relay).

3. I am getting 8.2v coming out of the blower control module with the AC set to wide open.

4. The blower motor spins when tested with jumper wires.
So, where does that leave me? I am assuming that the control module/resistor needs to be replaced, but the fact that I am getting 8.2v out makes me second guess myself. I am assuming that the fan is a variable frequency fan and speeds up and slows down based on voltage change.

What am I missing? Thanks for any help!

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my 2005 Z71. Where is the resistor located so that I can change it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63