BLIND ZONE RADAR DETECTION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRV1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a difference between the blind zone radar detection on the right and left hand side. I.e. if a car is approaching and passed from the left side the sensor detects the car and shows the indication, while if you pass a slower car from the left side of that slow car the indication doesn't come on, especially if your speed at 70 mile/ hrs or higher.

Is this something normal?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. I’m guessing the two sides are the same but the approaching vehicle is picked up sooner because it’s behind you. Though we’re not supposed to pass on the right I’m sure GM wouldn’t want to open that can of worms.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
depends on where the car or object is in relation to you. that's why it is called "blind spot"
next time you are in the above mentioned scenario turn the blinker on and see if it then flashes at you.
otherwise all you can do is be sure the sensor is clean with no mud or dirt caked on it, the sensor is in the inside edge of the bumper just behind each wheel on both sides, sort of looks like a claymore. if it is dirty wash it off with a hose, particulary on the outside edge between the sensor and bumper

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are passing vs being passed you could be getting different notification times. Either side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24