Blind Side Alert notice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have wanted to switch their mirror glasses to the glass with the new arrow and Blind Side Alert feature, please note that you cannot do this unless you buy a new mirror assembly. The mirror housings for 2007 and 2008 models will not support this, I have already tried. But if you buy the newer mirrors, the glass will connect correctly.

This probably won't get much replies if any, but I thought I could save some of you guys a couple hundred dollars before you jumped in on it!

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your mirror should be compatible. I think. All I know is 2007-2008 mirror housings won't wire up correctly to that glass.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the sensors are in the tail lights... I don't know if a conversion is easily done.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, there's definitely one in the mirror glass, it has a sensor built in to it. I don't think there is any in the tail lights. A reprogramming might be needed though.

Steve, your Denali has that feature right? Do you know if it is supposed to make any audible warning or message on the DIC?

Last edited:

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, there's definitely one in the mirror glass, it has a sensor built in to it. I don't think there is any in the tail lights. A reprogramming might be needed though.

Steve, your Denali has that feature right? Do you know if it is supposed to make any audible warning or message on the DIC?

There is only the option to enable/disable it... I wish there was some cluster light instead of just the mirror light. On the front edge of my taillight about halfway up there is a little space where it looks like there is a sensor in there... of course I might be wrong. Check your mom's Escalade if she has SBZA. I'm not near my car and won't be for another month so I can't really check it out. I do know that the Denali's (regardless if they have SBZA or not) have that same space which could mean there is space for some sensor behind the light.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

I don't know if you've seen it work, but it lights up if there is something in your blindspot, and if you put your blinker on, it flashes

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've never seen it work, I don't drive hers enough to take notice of it. And she may even have it off...I can't check hers at the moment because some family members borrowed it for a road trip. Now she is driving their STS. :)

I'll check for a sensor, but looking on eBay and stuff I haven't seen any OEM tail lights where the seller listing them having a SBZA sensor. But it seems like a reasonable place to put one.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've never seen it work, I don't drive hers enough to take notice of it. And she may even have it off...I can't check hers at the moment because some family members borrowed it for a road trip. Now she is driving their STS. :)

I'll check for a sensor, but looking on eBay and stuff I haven't seen any OEM tail lights where the seller listing them having a SBZA sensor. But it seems like a reasonable place to put one.

If I was at my car, I'd look more into it, but it'll be a while. I miss it! :(