Black Widow muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One left in stock and it's $58.84. Still not bad at all compared to the Magnaflow (twice the cost). I could throw $30-ish at my Tahoe right now, but not $60. I'll keep an eye on it.
Yeah I watched it for about 2 months and when that price popped up I h jumped on it. Had honestly started considering other mufflers when that price showed up.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I watched it for about 2 months and when that price popped up I h jumped on it. Had honestly started considering other mufflers when that price showed up.

I'll be patient. I'm in NO rush to frivolously spend! My girl is daily driving the Tahoe until she gets another car so I can't do anything to it for a while.

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright i'm back searching for a new muffler. with the long tubes and no cats it is extremely loud! even with the resonator still in place! the race venom sounds amazing but it's just not practical since it's so loud. I've also built a new motor with a custom ground cam(hopefully getting it back from the machine shop tomorrow) since I put the race venom on. I want to run a venom 300 but they don't make a 3.5" in the 300 series. Any suggestions on something more quiet but still sounds good in a 3.5" in and out?
Looked at Spintech?

Edit.. Just saw you ordered a Borla. Spintech will give you that similar tone but have larger case options.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright i'm back searching for a new muffler. with the long tubes and no cats it is extremely loud! even with the resonator still in place! the race venom sounds amazing but it's just not practical since it's so loud. I've also built a new motor with a custom ground cam(hopefully getting it back from the machine shop tomorrow) since I put the race venom on. I want to run a venom 300 but they don't make a 3.5" in the 300 series. Any suggestions on something more quiet but still sounds good in a 3.5" in and out?

Check out Magnaflow. Install the largest-diameter and longest-body case they offer.

Jjdenali

Reaction score
Finally got the engine back from the machine shop Friday. I'm too busy to put it back together so I took it to a buddy that was a gm mechanic for 11 years before he opened his own shop. Hopefully I will hear it run today!! Almost 10 weeks it's been down! I'll get some new video with the new cam, no cats, full length headers and the race venom before I weld in the borla pro xs. I'm super excited! So is my fiance! Her spare vehicle is a mini van and she absolutely hates it! Lol

dktrpepr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea i do like the sound with out, but for me the drone it too much. Cruising levels are good, wot is great but at certain rpm ranges and speeds around town, plus all the hills....the drone kills it for me..

Based on your vids and experience I'm glad I decided to keep the OE resonator in place. My Tahoe is my every day driver, weekend family ride and takes me all over the Colorado back country. With any drone I know I'd put that resonator back on immediately. Thanks!

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i still havent put it back on yet haha.. kinda wish that i could find a smaller res to get a happy mediu

Might sound like a lot of work from your current baseline, but consider doing the Black Widow 250 with the factory resonator. (I think you're running the 300 muffler.)

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thatd probably what id be looking for in sound but the price and time kills it for now. Ill keep it in mind though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157