Black Widow muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping.

Love all the reviews. I have ARH catted LT headers, wonder if the BW 250 will make it too loud/droning? The 300 series is quieter?

What size are y'all buying for the 5.3 Tahoe? Center/center or center offset?

I have the v300 and slp res delete and wouldnt want it any louder (personal preference or just getting old lol). If I remember correctly i got the center / center one.

Iamjoe123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the v300 and slp res delete and wouldnt want it any louder (personal preference or just getting old lol). If I remember correctly i got the center / center one.

3" diameter correct? Any drone? Thx!!

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3" diameter correct? Any drone? Thx!!

Yea i went 3”

Drone is kinda subjective to end user, to me i do hear a bit of drone at certain rpms usually on inclines where it just sets at the rpm range while climbing the hills. While cruising around on and off the highway its a bit louder then factory. I also dont have LTs so idk what that will do to the sound.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Thought I would post this up here just as a comparison...

My truck is a 2008 Suburban LTZ with 5.3L.

This is all stock exhaust including the resonator except for the Jones JFP300 muffler.

Here is a cut away pic of the muffler...
rps20180614_170800_431.jpg

Firstvideo is a cold start video...

The second video is with it warmed up and running/revving...

I am not certain how this compares physically witj the black widow muffler but thought I would post this here since it is exhaust related.

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with the Xl denali 6.2 have the offset muffler in 3.5 inch? It is the only one available right now and I dont feel like waiting for a back ordered part as I have the SLP res delete on the way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st