Black Widow muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool.

You will think I'm nuts, but with just my resonator delete, factory muffler and Airaid MIT, I get the best of all worlds. I get a throaty exhaust note at start-up, a deep & growling intake tone under heavy throttle, yet all is almost silent while cruising. I love it. Hell, I forgot all about swapping the muffler since I got all the sound I want, when I want it. haha

SwedeBurban

Reaction score
Anyone who just have put a new muffler together with exhaust clamps?
I dont have any welder. And the stock piping is 2.75 inch and only find 3 inch muffler.

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool.

You will think I'm nuts, but with just my resonator delete, factory muffler and Airaid MIT, I get the best of all worlds. I get a throaty exhaust note at start-up, a deep & growling intake tone under heavy throttle, yet all is almost silent while cruising. I love it. Hell, I forgot all about swapping the muffler since I got all the sound I want, when I want it. haha

@08HoeCD

Good post. I feel the same way even though I do not have the MIT. I thought about it, and thankfully you snapped it up before I got to it saving me the monies. lol. I'm glad I cut off the resonator for looks and actually like the sound of the OEM muffler and the wife doesn't know the difference since it is her DD. So I can romp on it, get that bit of growl and she is none the wiser. Maybe an MIT down the track, just because...lol

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
When I did my cam originally, I still had the stock muffler and it sounded pretty good. Granted, it's cammed, but sounded really impressive through the stock muffler.
This was the first clip I recorded after I picked it up.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@08HoeCD

Good post. I feel the same way even though I do not have the MIT. I thought about it, and thankfully you snapped it up before I got to it saving me the monies. lol. I'm glad I cut off the resonator for looks and actually like the sound of the OEM muffler and the wife doesn't know the difference since it is her DD. So I can romp on it, get that bit of growl and she is none the wiser. Maybe an MIT down the track, just because...lol

Yeah, man. Get the Airaid M.I.T., not for power but for sound! Way more heavy-throttle growl than I was expecting.
;)

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I did my cam originally, I still had the stock muffler and it sounded pretty good. Granted, it's cammed, but sounded really impressive through the stock muffler.
This was the first clip I recorded after I picked it up.

Nasty!!! Still love that sound loping along....yesss!!

Perro

Reaction score
Like that sound, i'm ordering 1 my self. Thanks for the videos, they really helped.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have a black widow race venom 250 on my little 4.8 in my 03 silvy. sounds good and really like it!

sarneson91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list of people that you referred, I just ordered a 3" race venom for my 07 Tahoe LTZ, gonna wait till I get back from deployment and install to see if I want to do the resonator delete. Just bought the Tahoe in February so gathering parts for it while I'm away from home is easy, gonna be like Christmas when I get home.. oh wait it will be haha. I spent ~2days reading through this whole thread finally deciding on getting the race venom, cause why not. I appreciate all the reviews and help from the vets of the forum, yall have a wealth of knowledge that really helped!

Iamjoe123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bumping.

Love all the reviews. I have ARH catted LT headers, wonder if the BW 250 will make it too loud/droning? The 300 series is quieter?

What size are y'all buying for the 5.3 Tahoe? Center/center or center offset?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu