Black Betty 2018 Z71 Silverado....build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will fit right in:

1987-regal-gnx-185755-1539356244.jpg
ya for some reason those do not exist on the west coast, I think I have seen one in the last 30 years, seen a few monte carlo's of this vintage though. I might pick up a G8 after I get this truck paid off unless a really good deal pops up I have been looking up and down the west coast for a while now, there is a supercharged gt 6.0 firehawk in Oregon and a supercharged gxp in washington, the SS are here and there but are generally about 10k more than the g8's but I like the Pontiac's better.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya for some reason those do not exist on the west coast, I think I have seen one in the last 30 years, seen a few monte carlo's of this vintage though. I might pick up a G8 after I get this truck paid off unless a really good deal pops up I have been looking up and down the west coast for a while now, there is a supercharged gt 6.0 firehawk in Oregon and a supercharged gxp in washington, the SS are here and there but are generally about 10k more than the g8's but I like the Pontiac's better.

Oh that's right, I remember now. My daughter is always finding them here in Florida and asking me to buy one for her. But this week she wants a Silverado NHT to tow a horse trailer! LOL

Remind me when you start looking again and I'll look around over here for ya.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
picked up the last amp needed for $420 lol, I offered $404 and said I am in Nor-cal, they shot back with "well if you are in nor-cal then you should like this number 420" lol
good deal I guess it's $549 everywhere
now I need a fuse holder, fuse, amp wire and a splitter and pick a head unit
*might also need a set of front dash speakers, not sure what the ohm's are the bose yet

memphis.JPG

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
added the true-cool 40k, before I added the cooler I had already deleted the transmission thermostat, with the thermostat in place originally trans temps were 190-220+ almost always, deleting the thermostat dropped it down to about 170-190, adding the true-cool dropped it to about 155 after a good little workout, just cruising it was 122-135 ambient temp was about 75deg
took me a little while to get it installed this is a universal kit, it was simple enough to just pull one pipe, cut it and flare one end (discovered I don't really have skills for flaring) then fit a hose over it and clamped it, ran the hose thru the plastic, used the supplied brackets with a little bending and cutting, not all professional but it works and should remain trouble free for many years.
I installed it to work in unison with the factory cooler, I did trim a couple small pieces off of the shutters for clearance even though the shutters are disabled by blackbear if I have to put the tune back to stock then it wont give me any problems blocking the shutters from working.
IMG_20200414_150908.jpg IMG_20200414_164848.jpg IMG_20200414_172903.jpg IMG_20200414_184153.jpg IMG_20200414_185217.jpg IMG_20200414_200152.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
added the true-cool 40k, before I added the cooler I had already deleted the transmission thermostat, with the thermostat in place originally trans temps were 190-220+ almost always, deleting the thermostat dropped it down to about 170-190, adding the true-cool dropped it to about 155 after a good little workout, just cruising it was 122-135 ambient temp was about 75deg
took me a little while to get it installed this is a universal kit, it was simple enough to just pull one pipe, cut it and flare one end (discovered I don't really have skills for flaring) then fit a hose over it and clamped it, ran the hose thru the plastic, used the supplied brackets with a little bending and cutting, not all professional but it works and should remain trouble free for many years.
I installed it to work in unison with the factory cooler, I did trim a couple small pieces off of the shutters for clearance even though the shutters are disabled by blackbear if I have to put the tune back to stock then it wont give me any problems blocking the shutters from working.
View attachment 244726 View attachment 244727 View attachment 244729 View attachment 244730 View attachment 244731 View attachment 244732
Learning to do flaring takes patience which I discovered I have no skill at.:mad:

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Learning to do flaring takes patience which I discovered I have no skill at.:mad:
that pic I put up was my 3rd or 4th attempt lol probably didn't help that it was the ultra cheapy tool that autozone rents, no idea how it would make a double flare didn't even attempt that.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that pic I put up was my 3rd or 4th attempt lol probably didn't help that it was the ultra cheapy tool that autozone rents, no idea how it would make a double flare didn't even attempt that.
That’s what I was trying with a loan a tool- double flare on a brake line. I gave up and bought a pre-made line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo