Black Bear Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
aflumb

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea AFM/DOD was ok when i had my 2010 silverado. but it just sucked in the Tahoe. even when it was bone stock i didnt like it.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bone stock, AFM helps a little. But with the optimization justin does with the tuning in both the engine and the trans, some people see better results with it turned off. Everyone's situation is different and a lot depends on your driving style, location, and truck.

Personally, I'm beginning to wish that I had gotten it turned off. With all of the problems I'm having w/ my Airaid intake, I might get a re-tune with a different intake and have him turn AFM off at the same time.

^ this.

I think those with 4.10s ratios have a better response with th AFM. That is the case with my truck (stock and tune).

Underpsi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have to have it tuned in order to get the DOD off or can that be done by going through the DIC ?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tuned my tahoe , and with paying close attention to mileage as one needed wish.... I am currently seeing 17.5 ish with a mixed driving.

I easily 23-24 on the highway, with a 275 /65/18 tire.

I believe I have rouhly 65-70% of the factory TM reduced, and have raised all shift points by 3mph at WOT, thus bringing the shift points slightly at part throttle.....DOD is deactivated, and a 91 octane fuel is required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard A