Black Bear Chicago Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid $550 or something like that for the Autocal and their tune, plus they will do updates from there on for free. It's a worthwhile investment, especially if you have further mods planned.
They are good people, and I am planning to purchase ARH Longtube headers through them since they have been so good to me. Plus after installing them, they will be able to email me a updated tune to make the most power from them.
Thanks for the kind words. We appreciate your business.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it off auto put it in 2 hi, there’s your mileage problem right there

That's for sure part of the lower mpg's. If it's in Auto, it has the front axle locked in. In auto, it will still send 100% to the rear until there is slippage, then it transfers power to the front. But since it's gotta be ready for it, it locks the front axle in, which gives way more rolling resistance. Also, as far as I know, in any of the 4x4 modes the suspension stiffens up if you have Z55 and I think G69 rpo's.

Flexx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He obviously has the 6 speed, whereas mine has the 4 speed, but I am curious what gear ratio he has and what the ethanol content (%) of the tank was. I get around 9.5-10 MPG at about 75% ethanol around town and about 13.5-14 MPG on the interstate running 70-75 MPH on the same ethanol content. I have the 4 speed and 3:73 rear in my Burb so that doesn't help with highway MPG.

With ethanol the best way to compare it to regular gas is by comparing the CPM (cost per mile) instead of MPG.

I find that the ethanol being significantly cheaper than 89 octane, which is what my truck is tuned for, negates the fact the the mileage sucks. When you do the math on both they are pretty much neck and neck for cents per mile.
Chipping in here. I also have an 07 burb tuned(not blackbear) i didn't realize i had 3.73. Couldn't figure out why my mpg was so bad, gears don't help. I get 14-15 cruising flat at 70-75.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Chipping in here. I also have an 07 burb tuned(not blackbear) i didn't realize i had 3.73. Couldn't figure out why my mpg was so bad, gears don't help. I get 14-15 cruising flat at 70-75.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Mine has a custom 89oct Diablew tune.

I get about 17-18mpg on 89oct running 70-75mph.

E85 nets me about the same as you suggested.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't it much nicer now that it's not holding back as much? Just the shift stratagy itself makes it awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645