Black Bear Chicago Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Well you see that's the problem. I'm a diesel guy. I have them in everything I own and all my friends are diesel guys too. The guys I know who have tahoes , their departments will not allow a tune to happen. I'm the only one who has his own personal tahoe. If anyone out there needs another in their group for phoenix I'm in.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope we can get a date for Phoenix Arizona soon
The tuner, up until about 4 months ago, had a place in Lake Havasu that he would do in person tunes, he has since relocated to Coeur d'alene Idaho. As mentioned above shoot us a quick email if you are looking to hold a tune event in your area, the more people that are interested in an area, will help us decide if we can hold an event there.

Of course we would be happy to help with our other tuning options.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I was curious about this and have had a few short conversations about it. I am under the impression that when you run e85, the truck reverts to different tables and you're really just using the TCM part of the tune.
With the in person tune you will be tuned for the octane you and the tuner decide on.

If you purchase the AutoCal with the in person tune, we can provide tunes for 89/87 and 91+ octane. We do not have a specific E85 tune, the tuner will alter the flex fuel tables in both tunes so you will be able to run E85 on both of them.

You may see better performance running E85 on the 91+ octane tune.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had blackbear tune in my 09 6.2 Tahoe for almost a year now, and all I can say is you're in for a real surprise!! The difference is night and day, and running on E85 is even better. I almost wish I could do a live tune event, but they never come to Colorado. I'm sure there aren't enough people here to warrant an event in Colorado though.
Thanks for the kind words! We are happy you are enjoying the tunes!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
With the in person tune you will be tuned for the octane you and the tuner decide on.

If you purchase the AutoCal with the in person tune, we can provide tunes for 89/87 and 91+ octane. We do not have a specific E85 tune, the tuner will alter the flex fuel tables in both tunes so you will be able to run E85 on both of them.

Awesome post. Thank you!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Ok @BlackBearPerf, last time with this, I promise...

Earlier you said :

In regards to fuel, you just want to show up to the meet with a tank full of the fuel you want to be tuned for.

I love the way my truck runs on e85. It is my preferred fuel. When I can't get it, I run 89. I plan on an autocal purchase. What's my best course?

1. Show up with e85 in the truck.

2. Show up with 89 in the truck, tune for that. Try the e85 in it with the different tunes later.

3. Show up with 93 in the truck, get it tuned 91+ in anticipation of running e85. Keep the 87/89 tune in my pocket for running 89 later.

4. Stop asking e85 questions and prepare to get smacked upside the head at the event.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok @BlackBearPerf, last time with this, I promise...

Earlier you said :

I love the way my truck runs on e85. It is my preferred fuel. When I can't get it, I run 89. I plan on an autocal purchase. What's my best course?

1. Show up with e85 in the truck.

2. Show up with 89 in the truck, tune for that. Try the e85 in it with the different tunes later.

3. Show up with 93 in the truck, get it tuned 91+ in anticipation of running e85. Keep the 87/89 tune in my pocket for running 89 later.

4. Stop asking e85 questions and prepare to get smacked upside the head at the event.
Number 4 is hilarious! We are happy to help! Since you are getting the AutoCal we can provide both 89/87 and 91+ octane tunes. If you want to run E85 primarily, then go ahead and fill up with that before the event, and Justin will take it from there.

09 L9H

not a boomer
Reaction score
I've had blackbear tune in my 09 6.2 Tahoe for almost a year now, and all I can say is you're in for a real surprise!! The difference is night and day, and running on E85 is even better. I almost wish I could do a live tune event, but they never come to Colorado. I'm sure there aren't enough people here to warrant an event in Colorado though.
Might be a dumb question but is your gas mileage any better or worse since you got the tune? Currently averaging about 13 or so with my 6.2 AWD and only managed to average about 15.5 on an 850-mile round trip I did last weekend (cruising at 75-80 most of the way). Wondering if your experience is the same. Also is the transmission programming changed at all? Would like to hear more about your experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie