Bilstein 5100's gave me a lift on LOWEST clip setting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI the 5100s at the lowest setting is 0" of increased height as reported by those that installed them. Some have used the 5100s at the 0 height and added the CCM 2.5" spacer (replacing worn front struts).

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI the 5100s at the lowest setting is 0" of increased height as reported by those that installed them. Some have used the 5100s at the 0 height and added the CCM 2.5" spacer (replacing worn front struts).

There ya have it.

The reason your rake changed must be due to lost height in the rear from removing the rear bags. :)

OP
OP
Pimpin Frog

Pimpin Frog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sold on that solution yet. I've measured Lt's, LS's and LTZ's across 2007-2011 and my front and rear are still higher. My strut assemblies are put together correctly. I have come across a person who kept the autoride springs and hardware and just inserted the 5100's like I did. I'm actually thinking that the front springs are different than the non-autoride springs, wether it be compression rate or length.

Anyone else know of anyone who kept ALL Z55 electric ride springs and hardware and inserted 5100's into them?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pimpin post some pics of your rig! Just from your sig it sounds awesome.

How do you like the sway bars and are they softer than OEM? I am looking for softer swaybars to have better offroad articulation (but do not want to totally lose on road handling).

OP
OP
Pimpin Frog

Pimpin Frog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pimpin post some pics of your rig! Just from your sig it sounds awesome.

How do you like the sway bars and are they softer than OEM? I am looking for softer swaybars to have better offroad articulation (but do not want to totally lose on road handling).

Zed, they are NOT softer, actually noticeably stiffer and thicker. I loved them and still love them.....on smooth roads. Ripping down a gravel road, you'll get that shake, newly paved road.....BUTTER!
http://www.hotchkis.net/product/07-gm-1500-suv-sport-sway-bar-set/?mk=47&yr=2007&md=499&sm=478
It was good at the time when it was on 20's and only did street driving and I had the truck supercharged, before hydrolocking it, but that's another story. Now I get that shutter when hitting a bump at high speeds. No differences noticed yet on trails because I'm not flexing my truck on anything extreme. I will get some photos up this weekend or Monday...new tires and wheels go on tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo