Bigger y-pipe and exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
another question... if i remove the rear o2 sensors, will it negatively affect the way the truck runs?

it can a litter bit but not really noticeable on the butt dyno. the rear sensors monitor the converters for proper operation and make minor adjustments to the fuel trims to ensure so. they should be left in there place.

95TahoePA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I get the exhaust done on mime I am going Jethot headers, Hi flo cats, 2" Mandrel bent X pipe to Super 40 series Flowmaster mufflers and 2" out the back on either side of the hitch. Had the X pipe on my 72 LeMans after I put the 400 bored 40over. I liked the way it had a even flow out the tail. Not overpowering one side or another.

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out mine. I have duals all the way back until the muffler then single out the rear. No cats and pacesetter shorty headers.

[yt]WHl7bgGECXo[/yt]

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the clean look of a single exit tip, I think the dual pipes out the back is a mud truck look. And it sounds so good to me that I am afraid I wont like it as much if I do duals. I am putting a cam and cutouts in it soon so it wont matter what all is back there haha...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17