Bigger wipers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will bigger wiper blades fit?

like 24"

I bought some 24" will they fit?

they are the new silicone wipers

or return them for the 22"s

also having a hard time finding the rear one you would think they would have this one in stock i mean they sold a bunch of tahoes and subb ..

the ones i have are "going" bad time to swap them out for new ones

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update I checked there is 5 inches of clearance between them
that is good so yes two 24" wipers will fit

so it will be left with 3 inches of clearance between the two wipers(don't want them crashing into each other)

not two 26"

unless you do 26" driver and 20" passenger..(looks odd imo)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Passenger side will be sticking up even worse than the 22’s. The curve of the windshield st the outside causes the blade to not make contact when off. Also Im pretty sure it will hit the trim when in use. Let’s see pics when you put them on.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passenger side will be sticking up even worse than the 22’s. The curve of the windshield st the outside causes the blade to not make contact when off. Also Im pretty sure it will hit the trim when in use. Let’s see pics when you put them on.
these wipers hug the wind screen fine

tomorrow
no sun light left

yeah 26" will not work at all as it might pass the end of the glass (at the peak height: aka top of the windscreen)

the peak height of has 2 inches of clearance with the 22" so with the 24" it will have 1" left at the peak height of the wiper

my impala did that also i went threw wipers quickly every 2 years but i donated them to my bud and they worked just fine on his car(like new) tell they got shredded(normally i would buy newones just in time to replace his with my old ones)

so i pretty much was getting 4 years out of each set

20190717_201511.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these wipers hug the wind screen fine

tomorrow
no sun light left

yeah 26" will not work at all as it might pass the end of the glass (at the peak height: aka top of the windscreen)

the peak height of has 2 inches of clearance with the 22" so with the 24" it will have 1" left at the peak height of the wiper

my impala did that also i went threw wipers quickly every 2 years but i donated them to my bud and they worked just fine on his car(like new) tell they got shredded(normally i would buy newones just in time to replace his with my old ones)

so i pretty much was getting 4 years out of each set

View attachment 227002
Look at the far bottom of the passenger side. Even the 22’s don’t touch for the last inch and a half or so on the outside. At least not on the nbs, I thought the nnbs were the same.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the far bottom of the passenger side. Even the 22’s don’t touch for the last inch and a half or so on the outside. At least not on the nbs, I thought the nnbs were the same.
it touches the wind screen just fine on both wipers

if it does not touch you bought the wrong wiper

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it touches the wind screen just fine on both wipers

if it does not touch you bought the wrong wiper
Not on the NBS. They all miss at the very bottom on the passenger side, it’s a well known issue with a lot of discussion here. With the correct wipers. Every single one of the nbs. GM must have fixed it on the nnbs. Different curve of the windshield or something, maybe repositioned the wipers. I didn’t even notice mine was like that until it was brought up here. You can only see it when it rains and you’re using the wipers, otherwise it looks like it’s touching.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not on the NBS. They all miss at the very bottom on the passenger side, it’s a well known issue with a lot of discussion here. With the correct wipers. Every single one of the nbs. GM must have fixed it on the nnbs. Different curve of the windshield or something, maybe repositioned the wipers. I didn’t even notice mine was like that until it was brought up here. You can only see it when it rains and you’re using the wipers, otherwise it looks like it’s touching.
you have to buy the ones that says
"Hugs the windshield "

it has infinite pressure points

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my NBS wipers pull up at the bottom of the passenger side corner ever so slightly. Although it’s quite a bit less with the flexible “winter blades” as my local part store calls them. Lol. But I haven’t seen any of the NNBS trucks do. I think GM took the curvature out of the windshield on the NNBS trucks to eliminate that problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne