Big Family - Trade Tahoe for Suburban?

Did you trade your Tahoe (etc) for a Suburban (etc)?

• Yes, and I love it

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Yes, but I regret it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We only have two kids who are already grown and are already out of our hair (mostly...), but with the exception of a 96 Suburban, all our SUVs have been shorty models: couple of Expeditions (eeshhh... I know, I know...), Escalade and Tahoes.

Again, with the exception of the Sub and the first F***, all have also had second row captain's chairs and they've always worked great. Even when we have had the occasional out of town visitors a few times a year.

Never felt the need to get another Sub/XL after the 96, though. Guess we were never the "haul all your junk with you" kind of family and the vacation transport has usually been an aluminum tube in the sky. And the dogs have been on the 4-6lbs range, too, so even they haven't needed much room. :D

When shopping for a replacement for my wife's 07 Tahoe last weekend, she said she wouldn't mind a Sub (not XL, since she doesn't like the front end...), but after we drove one, she changed her mind: Tahoe it has to be. And that's what she got and she's thrilled.

mcislak

Reaction score
We have three kids with another on the way. Tahoe is absolutely useless for cargo. We went away this weekend and that was it traded the Tahoe in for a suburban that weekend no more rooftop carrier and stuffing things in for this guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
We’re on our 2nd Denali XL. An 06 CPO until 08 & an 08 bought in 16 w/ 96k from an original owner from a Mopar Dlr.

We knew in 06 the XL/Burb was the way to go because our Highways are concrete. The seams on Intst 5 in Cali will rock a standard wheel base truck. The longer XL/Burb will hit a better frequency on the seams and not rock you to sleep. The magnaride will almost eliminate the rocking.

Secondly wife & I are 6’3. We knew all three kids would need the room of the XL’s 3rd row. Our cream puff 08 we purchased had the 2nd row bench. Didn’t like it at first as we had captains chairs in the past. Now the kids use both the benches like couches.

Lastly we like the extra cargo space behind the 3rd row for (God, I hope it never occurs) rear collision buffer zone protection. You can always not use the extra 22” in back, but if you don’t have it, it can’t be added later.

It’s been a while, did you purchase a new vehicle yet?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Captains.
Much easier for the kid sitting in the 3rd row to get in.
Personally I wouldn’t want a bench

Exactly why we got captains

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have two kids and a dog and started with a 2001 Tahoe. After squeezing everything in for a camping trip, we got a 2003 Yukon XL and stayed LWB since. 05 Burb, to now a 2012 Yukon XL Denali. It fits in my smallish garage and parking has never been a concern. People and/or pets and gear is just easier in a Burb/Yukon XL. Lovin' the Denali though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE