Big Family - Trade Tahoe for Suburban?

Did you trade your Tahoe (etc) for a Suburban (etc)?

• Yes, and I love it

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Yes, but I regret it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Puddin422

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I love my Tahoe and prefer the way they look over the bigger SUVs. I wish Ford would bring back the Excursion w a diesel option, but that's another subject. lol I just have never liked the way GM takes the Yukon/Tahoe/Escalade and just stretches the body in the rear. I wish the extra length was spread out better from the outside, and it bugs me enough to want to keep my overstuffed Tahoe.

We are a family of 4, but one is a kid in sports with lots of equipment (football right now, so pads, helmet, etc), and the other is a baby, so there's a car seat, 2 different strollers, and a diaper bag always. My husband is 6'3" 300lb body builder, so he almost counts for 2 lol And I'm the grocery getter. I have captains chairs in the middle. So our family of 4 completely fills the first 2 rows, and I have one half of the 3rd removed. All that said, this is the longest I have ever owned a vehicle without a stereo system of some sort. I have no room for even a single sub box. I've also got a pop up canopy and 2 folding chairs that have had to stay in my truck since the start of football season. I NEED MORE ROOM!

I have never even driven a Suburban or similar. I'm afraid I'll get rid of my Tahoe for a Suburban and hate it. My truck has a programmer, cold air intake, and a couple other things and runs really great. I traded a 2010 F150 Platinum that I bought new for it, and I'm extremely impressed with it. It pisses my husband off that I smoke his H2. lol (we're both drag racers) His has exhaust, and it sounds really healthy, and mine has stock exhaust, so it's a total sleeper. I love love love my truck. Anyone else swap to the bigger SUV because it was more practical?? Please tell me you put some money into it and you love it as much as your Tahoe/Yukon etc. :)

20901437_10155752074442578_8992367235081523115_o.jpg

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a great looking Tahoe. I also have an H2. While your right that the Tahoe is better looking than a Suburban you need a bigger vehicle. Yukon XL would be a good choice.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, first off, the longer trucks came first, the shortened Tahoe style arrived on scene around 1992.

Those extra 20 inches make a big difference and you can move many of your mods over to a new truck. Or you could get a minivan!

You won't even notice the extra length after a while, only to be glad you have them, or the first time you pull into your garage.

I can haul five or six rug rats around and still have room for a generator in back and some groceries. Bigger fuel tank too.

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not get a crew cab with a camper shell or tonneau cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have yet to hear a Suburban owner say I should have got a Tahoe..I do hear Tahoe owners say I should have got a Suburban..Those who say they should have got a Suburban are families of 4 or more..For long trips for a family of 4 a Suburban or Yukon Denali XL works best..Otherwise almost zero room for all your gear.

In my case it is just me and 1 other [for the most part] so a Tahoe is the best fit for me.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny how people are different. I don't think the SWB tahoe/yukon/escalade looks bad by any means. Re a good looking rig. But I love the look of the LWB much better. Just my opinion. I never had a SWB gm full size. I went from my 2001 Dodge Durango limited, to my 2006 XL Denali. I drove a few of the tahoes, and yukons throughout my search for the rig to replace my Durango. But the standard wheel base models didn't offer any more space interior wise than my Durango did, especially because gm third row seats aren't a true fold away third row. They just tuck up against the middle row seats. Which left me with exactly the same amount of room that my Durango had and I had outgrown the space with all of my auto detailing gear. When I looked into the suburban and XL, I knew it was a good fit. The extra room to have all my gear, and still have middle row seats if I need to take my sisters kids anywhere is perfect. In addition I like towing more with my XL. And of course you can do many of the same mods to a burb or XL that your tahoe has.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you aren't ever faced with taking extra passengers, a family of four can have plenty of cargo room in the Tahoe with the third row removed.

If you do need that flexibility to take extra passengers for sports, trade for the long body. You'll never look back.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Why not get a crew cab with a camper shell or tonneau cover?

I had a crew cab Four wheel drive dually, with a 8ft bed and camper shell. a Great truck but it's like driving a school bus where ever you go. I sold it to my son and the first thing he did was to take the camper shell off.

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will notice the length in parking lots. Also suburbans so t fit in most garages.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts