Better Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I constantly get flashed as people think my brights are on when I'm only using lows.
This is easy to fix. Adjust them down a few degrees and you won't notice any degradation in headlight performance, but you'll stop getting flashed.

There's a very similar screw on the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon as what's shown here on this Silverado.

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the same reactions from oncoming cars, I have HID with halos , and LED DLRs and switchback turn signal'sFront end lights on.jpg

Reaction score
The high beams on my 21 Z71 Suburban are bright. Maybe there's something wrong with your lighting if there not bright enough.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a post about improving the standard LED light on the Tahoe 21. Now I’m waiting for the Yukon 21 headlight from the USA so that I can cut it and think about how to improve it. The light on the 21+ generation is certainly better than on the previous generation, but still far from other modern cars

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I constantly get flashed as people think my brights are on when I'm only using lows.
try driving up to a LEVEL GROUND dark wall at night and stop about 25 feet away with your low beam lights on, then get a tape measure and some blue tape and make a horizontal line 4' up from the ground on the wall with the tape. then go back to the truck and look where your light beam is showing
that blue tape line is where your headlight beam should be level with, presuming your light beam is above the tape, then adjust the headlights down to be even with the line
fog lights should be lighting at or under the same line but high enough for them to be useful

jgraves

Reaction score
I find headlight performance on my 2023 Yukon variable, both high and low beams. When everything is dry, the reach is quite good, but if the roads are wet, they're nearly invisible. I think it's due to the color / spectrum of the LED lights. I've partially installed (temporary wiring) a set of Rigid Dually-XL driving lights with amber covers and they're a huge improvement in wet conditions.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Yea, :cool:

Hurts my eyes and it’s just a picture. I feel sorry for the poor 16 year old girl with Coke bottle glasses driving into those.

She’s spot lit and whatever pedestrian strike or accident she makes is her fault, not yours. You should have those in morimoto or aftermarket projectors, not reflectors designed for 600% less light.

I get the same reactions from oncoming cars, I have HID with halos , and LED DLRs and switchback turn signal's
F9F8866C-7B32-4F64-BB28-1341FF133E27.jpeg

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
the ability to aim or put the light where it should be. If that was on one of the sand rails frequented around here that have 100% aftermarket lighting, there’d be a few sit down educational beers about lighting expectations and safety to respect other users.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660