Better Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmuddy1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The high beams, on my 23 Tahoe r whimpy… is there an aftermarket replacement bulb that can be installed to get better performance?

basketballmail2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What trim is your Tahoe? If you have a trim where you have LED headlights then you are out of luck with changing bulbs because that usually is the entire light fixture that gets changed.

OP
OP
M

mrmuddy1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What trim is your Tahoe? If you have a trim where you have LED headlights then you are out of luck with changing bulbs because that usually is the entire light fixture that gets changed.
I have the LT …thanks for ask for the need for clarification

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty certain that all 21 and up Tahoe's use the LED bulbs built into the headlights assembly.

There are quite a few Tahoe's in my area, from my lowly LS (shich has LEDS), to high country, to z71, to rst. They all have same lighting on front and are bright as balls at night coming towards me, even low beams only.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I constantly get flashed as people think my brights are on when I'm only using lows.

Mannix2019

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed Lasfit LED bulbs on my 2019 SLT. They are inexpensive and have a great sharp
low beam and foglight cutoff.
Amazon has them

RMBO_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The high beams on my 23 Tahoe r whimpy… is there an aftermarket replacement bulb that can be installed to get better performance?
You can’t change them the way you think you can. It’s not a traditional bulb. Also, the trim level doesn’t matter. It’s not like the Silverado custom-trim trucks, where they have halogen bulbs versus LT LED bulbs. The headlights are one big assembly. If you truly want something cool and bright, dig into retrofitting headlights. I did this with my Silverado LT TrailBoss in 2020. I didn’t like the LED “bulb” spread on the road and had projectors installed with painted housings. I had a really nice beam down the road. Same for the high beams.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The high beams, on my 23 Tahoe r whimpy… is there an aftermarket replacement bulb that can be installed to get better performance?
My favorite lighting upgraded was disabling the Daytime Running Lights. I wish General Motors would do what Toyota does, "DRL off" right on the light switch.

houstontaylor

Reaction score
I got some higher lumen replacement "bulbs" for my '03 Tahoe but I was careful to make sure the headlights were adjusted low enough to avoid blasting oncoming vehicles in most cases (except going up a small hill or bump).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar