Best way to get these off and cleaned up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I like the look of the NBS and these deflectors ruin the lines, IMO. I just want the original look and that is it. The rig came with an aftermarket Kenwood radio in it and I am removing that and am gonna buy an OE radio/cd player and install it. I was gonna put on custom wheels but have since changed my mind and will run the tires on it till spring and keep the OE Z71 wheels and get new tires then. I also was showing the new rig to my friends at the American Legion and a member's wife chimed in that she has a pristine 2002 tan/beige Z71 with 115k miles on it and she is interested in selling but sentimental value to her caused her to say she would sell it for $10k. I looked up the KBB price and if in excellent condition, KBB says only 3% of vehicles qualify for this, is worth $8400. I didn't say anything except I would like to see it. I already have a member wanting to give me $6k for my existing 2002 LT. That will be on hold till I am done doing what I am going to do to mine, so I can have a vehicle to drive if my Z71 is incapacitated at the time.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I like the look of the NBS and these deflectors ruin the lines, IMO. I just want the original look and that is it. The rig came with an aftermarket Kenwood radio in it and I am removing that and am gonna buy an OE radio/cd player and install it. I was gonna put on custom wheels but have since changed my mind and will run the tires on it till spring and keep the OE Z71 wheels and get new tires then. I also was showing the new rig to my friends at the American Legion and a member's wife chimed in that she has a pristine 2002 tan/beige Z71 with 115k miles on it and she is interested in selling but sentimental value to her caused her to say she would sell it for $10k. I looked up the KBB price and if in excellent condition, KBB says only 3% of vehicles qualify for this, is worth $8400. I didn't say anything except I would like to see it. I already have a member wanting to give me $6k for my existing 2002 LT. That will be on hold till I am done doing what I am going to do to mine, so I can have a vehicle to drive if my Z71 is incapacitated at the time.
If you get an oe radio you'll need to have it programmed by the dealer. I'm not really sure if a Tech 2 can do this. Is the Kenwood a single or double din?

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have no idea what that Kenwood is. I can get it on but still cannot figure how to program it or even change a channel. There is a tiny little remote with it seems to not do anything and has a little watch type round battery. This is frustrating to say the least. Even if I I figure out the Kenwood I don't want it and want the original style in it. I did find a GM radio at Amazon that is unlocked for $299 plus $4.99 shipping. I think I am going to get that one. It is a radio and cd unit. The used one at ebay that is involved in another thread about this, has a cassette player in it. I don't want that one. @915_Tahoe got me part numbers to search with.