Rack and Pinion - Best Brand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

claustralia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07 Yukon 5.3 SLT

The last piece of my front end rebuild is the rack and pinion. I've noticed a weak return to center in the steering and after having replaced everything else, I'm hoping this is it. Being that its likely original and gone through 300k miles, its probably time. I've been researching the different brands and options and it seems the general consensus is to go new as the reman'd units tend to have issues. The reman'd AC/DELCO unit is ~800 and out of my price range for this fix so if I limit my choices to only new I have the following options:

LARES $315 Lifetime Warranty
EDELMANN $438 Lifetime Warranty
MAVAL $441 24mo Warranty
AAE $461 24mo Warranty
BBB $472 36mo Warranty

Can I go wrong with any of these choices or are any of the brands better than the others? I'm swayed to go towards lifetime warranty but if that just means its going to break again, I can switch. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
07 Yukon 5.3 SLT

The last piece of my front end rebuild is the rack and pinion. I've noticed a weak return to center in the steering and after having replaced everything else, I'm hoping this is it. Being that its likely original and gone through 300k miles, its probably time. I've been researching the different brands and options and it seems the general consensus is to go new as the reman'd units tend to have issues. The reman'd AC/DELCO unit is ~800 and out of my price range for this fix so if I limit my choices to only new I have the following options:

LARES $315 Lifetime Warranty
EDELMANN $438 Lifetime Warranty
MAVAL $441 24mo Warranty
AAE $461 24mo Warranty
BBB $472 36mo Warranty

Can I go wrong with any of these choices or are any of the brands better than the others? I'm swayed to go towards lifetime warranty but if that just means its going to break again, I can switch. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
It's a horse apiece for any of them, in my view. I'd be leery of the cheap one with the lifetime warranty, but the Edelmann looks like a winner, if for no other reason than it's reassuringly expensive and has a lifetime warranty. :p

FWIW, I have a BBB reman in my '07 and while it groans in cold weather, it's holding up well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019