Best place to buy a reman 4L65E, shipped or local Sacramento?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AltxF4

Reaction score
Well I guess I did it. It looked like it was in there good, but when I did my Corvette servo upgrade I must not have had the big snap ring seated right. I cracked my transmission case around the 2-4 servo.

I need to get a rebuilt trans, and really don't want to get a JY trans. Who all do you recommend for a Stock rebuilt 4L65E? In or around Sacramento, CA would be nice.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power train products is a good choice but you might also message @Doubeleive he’s in Stockton and probably knows a good source.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
depends, I don't really know of any specific places in Sac but in Stockton I do, money is what matters if you are trying to save a few bucks just grab one from the rancho cordova yards, there is a place in Manteca that (Manteca wrecking yard) that sells them on different levels, used, refurbished, rebuilt, and they deliver, just not sure if they run out to sac or not.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Ouch that sucks. Would he be feasible to weld it together or is it a lost cause?

Looked at power train products. They have a 7 year warranty offering which is pretty nice. I personally am a bit iffy on them on account of my own experiences.

I have no experience with performabuilt but they did entertain me when I called up pestering about failure modes of the 4l60e. Impression from that is that they are some pretty knowledgeable folks

OP
OP
AltxF4

AltxF4

Reaction score
Ouch that sucks. Would he be feasible to weld it together or is it a lost cause?

Looked at power train products. They have a 7 year warranty offering which is pretty nice. I personally am a bit iffy on them on account of my own experiences.

I have no experience with performabuilt but they did entertain me when I called up pestering about failure modes of the 4l60e. Impression from that is that they are some pretty knowledgeable folks

The problem with welding it is that since it is cast, it holds on to oil very well. Hard to get clean enough to weld. I can also bet I cooked some frictions since I was on a long stretch of single lane with no shoulder when it blew. By the time I got to a section I could pull off, I was pretty much out of fluid.

OP
OP
AltxF4

AltxF4

Reaction score
I ended up getting the Level 1 from Performabuilt. They had the best pricing for the better quality work. Everywhere else after shipping, taxes, and core charges were along the same lines for price without knowing what really went in to the rebuild.

OP
OP
AltxF4

AltxF4

Reaction score
Decided it was a good time to take care of the rest of the engine oil leaks. Did the Oil pressure sensor a while back, and that got rid of the leak from top of the engine.
Just replaced the crank position sensor since that was leaking. Ordered a rear main kit, oil pan gasket, and oil cooler block gasket... they were all leaking. I feel like I am driving an aircooled VW again...

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to recommend https://cahallperformancetrans.com/
But you already got one. Don't feel bad about cracking the case, I did the same thing hence the reason I can recommend a transmission builder.

Since your doing rear main I got the alignment kit from these guys along with the billet barbell.
https://www.saccitycorvette.com/
Those look quite nice, and very reasonable. Thank you for the link! Is this the trans you're running? Performance, or...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts