Best offroad tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmcarr85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking for a new set of tires for my Tahoe.

Right now I have a set of 37x12.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler MTRs on it right now. I want to step up to a set of 38s and would like maybe a little wider of a tire.

Do you think a set of 38x15.50x15 would look bad with the fabtech offset of the front? I have fixed the offset with a set of 2 inch spacers in the rear so they are even now. But will it look to far stuck out?

Also what tire. I use my truck for street and towing almost 365 days out of the year with very little offroading but do not want to lose that capability if I go somewhere and have to throw it in 4x4.

Thanks

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Love my Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's! Good A/T tire. And the price isn't horrible in the larger sizes.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a set of BFGs last year and they are working great.

OP
OP
C

cmcarr85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Toyo Open Country?

I had a set of bfg all terrains on a jeep and thought they were amazing.... I like the goodyear wranglers but just wanted something different.

Having a hard time finding a 38 inch tire in 15s....

OP
OP
C

cmcarr85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of those ill have to look at them.. I like the toyos just not the 450 price.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

They dont make the destinations in a 38x15

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
BFG m/t's are great Toyo m/t's are great as well (just cost a bit much) this spring i will be ordering either the toyo's or nitto mud grapplers. just deciding on whether i want the noise and quick wear of the nitto's. i wouldnt go 15's imo, but its up to you of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog