Best lighting settings for HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that the HIDs are in for the lows, what are the best settings for the approach and exit lighting to perserve the lifespan of the bulbs. I read that quick on and off of the bulbs can decrease lifespan. So disable the approach lighting? What about exit? I notice that with the approach lighting, when I start the vehicle, the lights go out then come back on once the car is running. Is this due to a voltage drop from cranking? Sort of like when halogen bulbs dim when cranking. I installed a harness so I hope this isn't an issue.

Thanks.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that the HIDs are in for the lows, what are the best settings for the approach and exit lighting to perserve the lifespan of the bulbs. I read that quick on and off of the bulbs can decrease lifespan. So disable the approach lighting? What about exit? I notice that with the approach lighting, when I start the vehicle, the lights go out then come back on once the car is running. Is this due to a voltage drop from cranking? Sort of like when halogen bulbs dim when cranking. I installed a harness so I hope this isn't an issue.

Thanks.

Hey, finally another place for capacitors ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n