Best home garage lift for Tahoe (and your other cars)!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenneth L Nielsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I have had my 03 and now my 08 Tahoe's up on my garage lift too many times to count over the past 5 years. I decided to do a long term review on the Maxjax and share my thoughts on this product!

Hope you find this informative.

taho lift resize.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I like it and see how the stand close to the wall is bolted to the floor but what keeps the passenger side post/stand from collapsing in against the side of the vehicle. If that was addressed during the video I missed it because I am at work. As tall as I am I was always still hitting my head under vehicles lifted in my shops. I would love to see a portable set that lifts higher.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it and see how the stand close to the wall is bolted to the floor but what keeps the passenger side post/stand from collapsing in against the side of the vehicle. If that was addressed during the video I missed it because I am at work. As tall as I am I was always still hitting my head under vehicles lifted in my shops. I would love to see a portable set that lifts higher.
The passenger side is bolted to the floor with pre-installed anchor points in the floor.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok. So you can unbolt and move to the wall and then move back and bolt back to the floor. If he did that or said that in the video, I missed it. Thanks

I just went back and watched and right near the beginning he did say unbolt from floor and move and then I saw where the camera panned over to show the attachments at the floor.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I live where I work and because of the high vaulted ceiling in the car port cover area where I park my rig, if the owner here would let me I could install this kit. Doubt if the owner would let me though. If I pulled the rig forward of where I normally park I could get the most use of the space above the rig. I did not hear what the spec required is but I would assume that the floor would need a certain concrete thickness and a certain amount of rebar to meet a minimum standard to lift and be safe.

IMG_0411.JPG IMG_0412.JPG

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I have had my 03 and now my 08 Tahoe's up on my garage lift too many times to count over the past 5 years. I decided to do a long term review on the Maxjax and share my thoughts on this product!

View attachment 237768

That would be great, then I could use the creeper without my gut getting greased up by the undercarriage! LOL

Don't think my ceiling is high enough though, not in this house anyway. Need a shop again!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Before I got into self storage I lived in a small town about 15 miles from here and my wife, when she was alive, and myself lived in a duplex. Behind that duplex was a high ceiling building that had a garage door at each end and was approx 100 feet across. It is 2 garage spaces wide. Has a toilet and sink. The landlord knew my background and said he would put a lift in the building if I did work on his personal vehicles and his business vehicles. The rent was $400 a month. My wife died and then I moved from there but the landlord was a fighter pilot in the Navy at the same time I was on an aircraft carrier in the Navy and he had actually been on the ship at the same time I was. We got along great. We still keep in touch. I have recently reached out to him about that garage. He still has it and the duplex. He said he is ready to do the same thing as before whenever I decide to leave the self storage business. This could happen.

Reaction score

View attachment 237768

Good informative review!

What's the ceiling height in your garage? Also, is there only one lift height or can it be used at a lower height, like 24" or 36" instead of 46"?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kenneth L Nielsen

Kenneth L Nielsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live where I work and because of the high vaulted ceiling in the car port cover area where I park my rig, if the owner here would let me I could install this kit. Doubt if the owner would let me though. If I pulled the rig forward of where I normally park I could get the most use of the space above the rig. I did not hear what the spec required is but I would assume that the floor would need a certain concrete thickness and a certain amount of rebar to meet a minimum standard to lift and be safe.

View attachment 237770 View attachment 237771
That is a unique looking structure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons