Best Headlight Bulbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've currently got HIDs in my Tahoe but somehow I keep blowing up the ballast. I'm so sick of even messing with the HIDs all together. Every time this happens its a chore to change it out. So I'm just going back with regular hologen bulbs this time. What are the brightest, nicest bulbs out there?

Everyone feel free to chime in by the end of the day cause I'm buying today and putting them in tomorrow. Thanks!!!

VTburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've heard guys talk about silverstars, but i've never used them myself. i've also been told that those, along with other "super bright" bulbs have a pretty short life span, so you'll still end up monkeying with them. have you been using a harness?

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got good results with silverstars. Much brighter/more throw than stock and the color is inbetween stock and a HID.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Yep, Silverstar ultras. Been using them for years, never had a problem. Im sure you already know, but just make sure you don't touch the bulb, use gloves.

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the Ultras in my Jeep. I like those too.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bro I was in the same boat as you (HID's failing). I tried the Ultra Silverstars but there is no comparison to HID's. I went back to the HID's. If you weren't in a hurry I would sell you mine cheap. Good luck and let us know how you like them.

OP
OP
P

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bro I was in the same boat as you (HID's failing). I tried the Ultra Silverstars but there is no comparison to HID's. I went back to the HID's. If you weren't in a hurry I would sell you mine cheap. Good luck and let us know how you like them.

Did you keep blowing fuses? I checked my fuses and the one that's out had a blown fuse. I changed it and it blew the fuse again as soon as I turn on the headlights. I even tried a bigger amp fuse and it didn't blow it but the headlight didn't come on. So I'm assuming it's the ballast has gone out. I have a spare and about to change it out to I see if it was my ballast. If it works I'm gonna give the HIDs another go. I bought the Silverstar zXe's just in case. We'll see here in about an hour if that works.

Last edited:

natetech

Reaction score
Silverstars here too. Work great.

Looking for a way to throw some real light with the fogs on an '04 Yukon though, without going HID.

They're puny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar