Best bang for the buck upgrades.... New to Chevy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

Volvowith18psi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips all!

I would def. do a tune, but I want to keep my warranty. That was a huge issue with the Jeep SRT's is most of them were imported from Canada and FCA does not honor the xfer over. Me personally, Not paying 55k+ for a new car with no warranty lol.

Ill check out the performance category just for some info. I reallyyy dont wanna start into this again lolol. Ill check oiut pedal Commander.

I did wanna ask about the brakes. I haven't used non-brembo in many years and man this pedal is like a rock, really requires some leg power, aside from the 3k BBK, any tips on this?

The lights are def. weak, so Ima start hunting for some PnP non HID setups.

Of Course, a few hours after posting, I found a really good write up by a member who removed the 3rd row and laid down some wood with a WT bolted in. I think Ima find some foam or a carpet solution to use instead of wood there, just for ease. Only hauling small/medium stuff and the dog.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So Im new to Chevy, always been a Mopar guy, but at the ripe age of 35, I dont find myself wanting to go fast anymore, so I decided to try the tried and true Tahoe (most because we needed the room) Just picked up an 18 Tahoe LT with the RSE, RST?, and Tow package for <56k out the door. I thought that was a pretty good deal. Was comparing vrs another Jeep SRT, but just could make a good deal. I wish I could have gotten the 6.2, the 5.3 feels very.... lackluster trying to move this 7,000lb boat lol!

So, what are some of the best bang for the buck upgrades/accessories for these rides? Not really interested is exhaust or intakes or blah blah, cause this thing is a boat. Tt will never be fast or nimble so Id prefer to make my trips as comfortable as possible, Im just not sure where to start, if anywhere...

I got myself a cargo organizer for the console cause holy hell that thing is like a pit.

I did want to inquire about removing the entire power 3rd row seat/storage and see if anybody has some pictures of it removed without a liner ontop. I want to see whats underneath. I saw some posts saying it was a 20m job and others much more. I have the power folding btw. My 170lb Mastiff will be riding back there and I think it will be easier and better for him with the seat removed.

Normally, I would NEVER even think to bring this up but I came across a legit post of GM denying some poor saps warranty claim for a blown motor due to his catch can (crank case pressure or some bs). Ive had a can installed in all my cars, from my Hellcat to Kia, and Ive NEVER even thought about not installing one, but since Im new to GM/Chevy and seeing that post, I wanted to get your guys thoughts. I have a nice Billet Tech Plum Crazy can just waiting to install.

Anyhow, thanks all!

How about a picture of the 170lb Proud Puppy?

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out Diode Dynamics for your HID kit. They sell some nice kits that should easily work with the DRLs etc. Also made in US which is nice. I did a HID upgrade...just wish I found them before bought my kit. I can see the road at night now with the HID upgrade.

Air raid air tube for the intake and the K&N. Easy extra power without a lot of money and work.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks a little like my Cane Corso at that age. he liked to chew and eat things. So, i would def recommend pet insurance. Really. it saved me over $20k over 5 years. when he finally stopped eating things and began to chew the toys we bought. He is never far from me if i'm home lays at my feet when i watch tv. Sometimes my wife has a hard time getting near me, lol. So faithful. Best dog i've ever had and i've had them my whole life. When he passes i'm getting another one, with insurance. lol

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips all!

I would def. do a tune, but I want to keep my warranty. That was a huge issue with the Jeep SRT's is most of them were imported from Canada and FCA does not honor the xfer over. Me personally, Not paying 55k+ for a new car with no warranty lol.

Ill check out the performance category just for some info. I reallyyy dont wanna start into this again lolol. Ill check oiut pedal Commander.

I did wanna ask about the brakes. I haven't used non-brembo in many years and man this pedal is like a rock, really requires some leg power, aside from the 3k BBK, any tips on this?

The lights are def. weak, so Ima start hunting for some PnP non HID setups.

Of Course, a few hours after posting, I found a really good write up by a member who removed the 3rd row and laid down some wood with a WT bolted in. I think Ima find some foam or a carpet solution to use instead of wood there, just for ease. Only hauling small/medium stuff and the dog.
Buy an AFM disabler on Amazon, 79 bucks and it is plug and play - just remove if you go in for service.

Best $$$ I've spent this year, and install is fast, just plug in your port.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Batman leds for the mirrors from the 2021+ will work on the k2xx. The 2021+ Tahoe & GMC also have the Batman lights that work for the k2xx.

IMG_6178.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magnetman59