best 3/5 drop kit for 04 Tahoe on 24s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn your tahoe sits perfect! So youre still running the McGys kit front Spindels/Keys rear coils? Is that how it sat from the get go? I love how yours looks, I dont mind the rear to sit slightly higher just not a whole inch. So would you say drop shocks work better than shock extenders? Thanks for your input.

Got it Tony! Thanks. As I said before your kit is a little out of my range, especially now that some unexpected things happened this past week. But I do believe in doing things right the first time so I dont mind waiting... I just really like what people have to say about the McGhys kit. Some times I've seen that tahoes sit lower in the rear than the front... Not many but few.. I had this issue once on my 04 Expodition which was riding on a Beltech 2/2 drop and I hated that! lol. So can you confirm that is not an issue? Also I've read some folks had trouble getting all four corners to match... Anyway I'm definitely willing to learn more about your system since dropping my truck is going to happen soon one way or another. I was under the tahoe yesterday and noticed I'm rubbing in the rear inner plastics and even a little on the shock... I'm rolling on 24x10 Boss 330 wheels and I dont know the offset since I bought them used.. I wish I knew what offset they offered em in to have an Idea but now I'm wondering if I can even go the low in the rear... Heres a few snap shots I took so you could see.. Waht do you think, will that be a problem?
20130821_154850.jpg

20130821_154754.jpg

20130821_154831.jpg

The rubbing on plastic is nothing to worry about. It'll rub through after a while. The only thing you would need to worry about is if it touches any part of the suspension. Somebody here has the same wheels in chrome and is dropped low.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I try to tell people even if it takes longer to put the money together go with my custom 3/5-6 kit. My rear springs ride nice which people have been very happy with.. I just put them in my escalade and hands down by far best riding spring and ive been thru them all. Do it once and be done with it and im not saying that because I sell the kits I say that due to my experience with drop kits and also the feedback from members here. I don't just sell product like many vendors I also install and have them in my own ride.

Last edited:

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ yeah he's not only the hair club president he's also the president!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
im just being real here. Ive been down the road before save 200 bucks and then you get a kit in and your happy then you end up saying man i should have just saved up and got the other kit. We all have been thru that before

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz