Belltech or Eibach Rear Lowering Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotaryMachineRx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I've recently installed some new 24's on my 2012 Tahoe LT. I do have the towing package equipped so I'm not sure if that changes the rear suspension at all or if it just entails a transmission cooler for hauling more weight?

Anyways, after putting the wheels on I have decided that I would like to lower the rear end 2" to level the vehicle out. Reasons for not doing a 2/3 kit is that I do haul a heavy wakeboard boat around during the summer and I don't want it to be sagging when that is all hooked up. Also I'd still like to maintain some of the ride height for our fantastic Canadian winters.

15xk7k4.jpg

25jxf7a.jpg

Right now I am looking at either the Belltech 2" Pro Rear Lowering Springs or the Eibach 2" Pro Rear Lowering Springs found at the following link:

http://www.summitracing.com/int/search/department/chassis-suspension/part-type/lowering-springs/submodel/lt/spring-position/rear/year/2012/make/chevrolet/model/tahoe?N=4294951552%2B4294908013%2B4294951398%2B4294949445%2B4294950327%2B4294919821

Anyone out there with this similar set up have some photos? Which kit would be more recommended Eibach or Belltech? Any comments on things that I may not be taking into consideration?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Eibachs lower the rear roughly 2". Might be exactly what you need. I happen to have a set for sale... PM me.

Love the wheels.

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tugged around a 24ft wake boat and a chapparral 230ssi for a good while while lowered on my denali 3/5 and then also on my Suburban initially 2/3 and then later completely bagged.

I wouldn't shrug off an overall lower. 2/3 still leaves some clearance for snow days.

The rear of yours is extremely high right now - looks to be more than the normal stock heights.

OP
OP
RotaryMachineRx

RotaryMachineRx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eibachs lower the rear roughly 2". Might be exactly what you need. I happen to have a set for sale... PM me.

Love the wheels.

Can't PM yet as I don't have 10 posts..... also still considering a full 2/3 kit.... Thanks though!

I tugged around a 24ft wake boat and a chapparral 230ssi for a good while while lowered on my denali 3/5 and then also on my Suburban initially 2/3 and then later completely bagged.

I wouldn't shrug off an overall lower. 2/3 still leaves some clearance for snow days.

The rear of yours is extremely high right now - looks to be more than the normal stock heights.

Yeah I have to agree it looks higher than most and I am wondering if it is because of the towing package? Can anyone comment on that?

I measured from my fender to the top of the tire on both front and back last night. The front has about a 5 1/4" gap while the back is about 7 3/4" gap. 2" lower in the back seems to me that it would level out the vehicle nicely.... but I'm wondering if the rear end is higher than regular; if when I get the rear springs on that it will turn out to be lower than 2" from where it sits now; anyone ever had experience with this before???

I'd like to know before I buy anything as it will determine if I go with 2" in the rear or a full on 2/3 kit....

Last edited:
OP
OP
RotaryMachineRx

RotaryMachineRx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want it to look level

Yes, I agree that I want it to look level..... hence why I want to know if my springs are actually taller than regular rear springs because of the towing package meaning when I put a 2" shorter spring (specs are 2" from a regular sized spring) that it won't actually drop it like say 3" from where it is now meaning it would look lower than the front end.

Do a 2-3/4 from Tony.

Sorry can you please elaborate a bit more on this? I'm not sure who Tony is?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey All,

I've recently installed some new 24's on my 2012 Tahoe LT. I do have the towing package equipped so I'm not sure if that changes the rear suspension at all or if it just entails a transmission cooler for hauling more weight?

Anyways, after putting the wheels on I have decided that I would like to lower the rear end 2" to level the vehicle out. Reasons for not doing a 2/3 kit is that I do haul a heavy wakeboard boat around during the summer and I don't want it to be sagging when that is all hooked up. Also I'd still like to maintain some of the ride height for our fantastic Canadian winters.

15xk7k4.jpg

25jxf7a.jpg

Right now I am looking at either the Belltech 2" Pro Rear Lowering Springs or the Eibach 2" Pro Rear Lowering Springs found at the following link:

http://www.summitracing.com/int/search/department/chassis-suspension/part-type/lowering-springs/submodel/lt/spring-position/rear/year/2012/make/chevrolet/model/tahoe?N=4294951552%2B4294908013%2B4294951398%2B4294949445%2B4294950327%2B4294919821

Anyone out there with this similar set up have some photos? Which kit would be more recommended Eibach or Belltech? Any comments on things that I may not be taking into consideration?

just a heads up ive done many of these kits and you can do the belltech 2/3-4 and then add the airlift bags and tows no problem.

even my custom 3/5-6 kit tows fine

here is the 2/3-4 kit
http://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=87

along with the kit you will need the airlift 60742 bags

Click this link for some pics
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60720

Marvin the guy with the white one tows his truck (68 big block c10) to the track almost every weekend during the summer months no problem to the drag strip 45 miles away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RotaryMachineRx

RotaryMachineRx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After chatting with Tony the past few days I will be going with a 0-2/2 with helper bags for towing. Will be dropping the front end 1". This should look nice clean and leveled; getting rid of some of that rear fender gap I got going on right now without compromising too much ride height for the nasty Canadian winters we get up here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo