Been gone for a while

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all I haven't been around for a while, don't know how many of you noticed/cared but anyway I was missin this place and I got the Houston meet email and it reminded me how awesome you all are.

I wish I lived within a reasonable distance from Houston because I would love to go, but sadly I live in Massachusetts. Maybe we should have a New England get together and rent out New England Dragway for a day haha, that'd be awesome.

Anyway, I have been so busy with school, work, and my band that I have found it hard to find time to go on the forums and stuff. I have some plans for my truck, and also my engine build that I started 2 years ago and never went anywhere with because I ran out of money.

I got a good tax return so I'm gonna buy a new hood for my Denali.

99-GMC-Hood-Ram-Air-1-01.jpg

It's a fully functional ram-air with ducting to the air-box and everything, fiberglass with a steel frame, and looks badass (in my opinion). After that I'm gonna get a nice CAI and a nice dual exhaust system to let the 6.0L breathe a bit. I also plan to take full advantage of the BB crew coming up to MA in April so that should really liven the Denali up. I'm thinking at somepoint, MAYBE this year? I might look into getting a new cam for the engine.

Which brings me to a question: I have read a little online that the LS-based 6.0 in these trucks really wakes up by just adding Corvette valve springs and a new cam. Anybody have experience with this or have an opinion on what cam would go best in this engine?

Aside from that, I may really get back into building my 383 this summer and I am kind of liking the idea of finding a 1980 Monte Carlo to put it in. I love the look of those cars and I would just love to have one with a ground pounding custom-build 383-stroker in it.

sup wit j00?

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Well welcome back Ray! Nothing new with me as far as the Tahoe is concerned. I did get a 72 K5 Blazer that is getting all of my love these days. I think that hood looks great but I would also consider a HD hood and just trim the area for the lights if I were you. I don't know the answer regarding the 6.0 but I'm sure there are plenty here that will. Welcome back!

OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I thought about the HD hood, but I want something more sprty looking, plus this hood is actually functional. It will give me performance gains, not to mention it is lighter than a full steel Silverado HD hood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar