been a hell of a week so far

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc86

Reaction score
So yester morning I wake for work at 0430 I walk out my door at 0515 go to start the kon and ....click try again click try again click. Battrtys good so starters out ...attempt to jump the strt bolts no go. Don't go to work replace starter awesome! Were good no issues! This morning wake at 0430 get ready for work walk out the door at 0515 big ol smile.knowing full well the trucks gonna fire right up and she does **** yes! Bit as I'm driveing lights dim radio shuts off. Uh oh Wtf face truck is acting like it wants to die every time I press gas pedal(why Idk) pull over truck dies attempt to jump no go is my alternator bad? And what else is going on here?

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say alternator or battery

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alternator or batt....but test first before just replacing stuff

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
definitely have them tested first but I'd bet on the alternator being bad.

OP
OP
J

jmc86

Reaction score
Yea I gotta get to when.I get home this afternoon but why would. It act like it was gonna die one me after already turned over and driveibg down the street and only when I press the gas? Never exp that before

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a faulty alternator can really do crazy things to how your vehicle runs and drives and can, at times, simulate electrical issues and can also leave you stranded while in the middle of driving.

OP
OP
J

jmc86

Reaction score
Gotcha. I mean I've felt with bad batteries before and I delt with a bad alt on my buddies car but the whole chocking down.when I gave it gas freaked ne out ill keep everyone posted as to what happens when.I get home.

OP
OP
J

jmc86

Reaction score
So as some.of.you know I just picked up this Yukon about 2montha ago on trade for a street bike so needless to say I'm still working out certain kinks.

So yesterday afterwork I got the alt and installed it no issues everything going great except my ac keeps pooping fuses in the fuse relay under the hood and my radios on board fuse poped I replaced the radio fuse its working fine but that damn ac keeps pooping any ideas?

Also side note when.I.had the truck I had dual battery setup (why Idk) but yesterday I tipped it all.out the second battery was shot and didn't wanna put the new alt under a lot of stress went back to factory battery set up. Could this be why the ac is popping fuses and if so why?

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Also my powersterting is acting weird when I turn to the right its acting as if I have no.powersteering gonna go top.off tge fluid now and let u guys know what happens

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Topped off the power steering fluid were good on that one

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
even with a dying alt a good battery will start and run the truck just fine for several hours at least with no hvac load or accessory load on it.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if the battery does not have a good charge when shut off? That statement would only ring true if you had a fully charged battery upon start up and the alternator died after startup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pmack