Be careful out there at work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off topic of vehicles, but there was an accident up the road from my work last week. And since it is the same line of work we all had to go over the details to help prevent a similar accident here.
Guy was killed ( believe me when i say luckily instantly) his first week on the job.

Make it home to you family and hobbies folks.

OP
OP
Mudsport96

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work with high pressure steam boilers at times, things can go wrong real quick if you don’t respect the equipment and steam.
Yeah i work in and aluminum foundry, the guy that dies was up the road at a steel/grey iron foundry.
Without gettin into the details 2600 degrees and the human body dont get along.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i work in and aluminum foundry, the guy that dies was up the road at a steel/grey iron foundry.
Without gettin into the details 2600 degrees and the human body dont get along.
That has to be a terrible way to go, out of the 3 campuses we have I believe we only had 1 fatality. Somehow something went wrong in a boiler room as I was told while a man was working on some lines or such and while charging I believe the line gave and he didn’t have enough time to escape, and all of the doors for our mechanical rooms should push open. In this case the doors were against code and had to be pulled open and with the pressure of the steam and such well unfortunately the guy went out that way. Room filled with stream and guy couldn’t escape fast enough.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was only a part-time (special) police officer for my town, but the hazards on the job were just as real for me as they are for anyone else.

I personally know two friends in law enforcement who lost family. One friend was a state trooper and the other, a local detective. Trooper had a brother on city department and his patrol partner killed during a "routine" traffic stop. The detective friend had his niece serve a hitch in the military as a helicopter pilot and, after serving her country, just signed on for a county police department. She was shot and killed responding to a domestic on her very first shift! Both losses, even though decades apart on the timeline, hit very close to home.

The torture surviving relatives have to endure every time the killers came up for parole hearings leaves them no peace for decades after their loss. The pain and suffering, the horrific memories and nightmares continue. Everything gets stirred up and re-lived again and again.

After 20 years of part-time service and reaching my upper 50's, it was no longer worth part-time money for full-time risks. I felt I could not maintain the level of commitment and training required to do the job effectively and safely. It was a very hard decision for me that I struggled with a lot, but I decided to resign last year.

I back the brothers still on the job and appreciate the risky situations they put themselves in everyday. One mistake or unexpected event, at any given moment, can keep them from going home to their families. Now, the potential is even higher than ever.

To any forum members in service to the public that comes with risks... military, law enforcement, corrections, fire, EMS, health care, schools, public works - Thank you all for your service!

Prayers also go out to any forum members with family or friends impacted by any of the mass shootings anytime in recent memory. So many have had a "normal" day just fall apart and had lives changed forever. May God bless you, and keep you strong!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I was only a part-time (special) police officer for my town, but the hazards on the job were just as real for me as they are for anyone else.

I personally know two friends in law enforcement who lost family. One friend was a state trooper and the other, a local detective. Trooper had a brother on city department and his patrol partner killed during a "routine" traffic stop. The detective friend had his niece serve a hitch in the military as a helicopter pilot and, after serving her country, just signed on for a county police department. She was shot and killed responding to a domestic on her very first shift! Both losses, even though decades apart on the timeline, hit very close to home.

The torture surviving relatives have to endure every time the killers came up for parole hearings leaves them no peace for decades after their loss. The pain and suffering, the horrific memories and nightmares continue. Everything gets stirred up and re-lived again and again.

After 20 years of part-time service and reaching my upper 50's, it was no longer worth part-time money for full-time risks. I felt I could not maintain the level of commitment and training required to do the job effectively and safely. It was a very hard decision for me that I struggled with a lot, but I decided to resign last year.

I back the brothers still on the job and appreciate the risky situations they put themselves in everyday. One mistake or unexpected event, at any given moment, can keep them from going home to their families. Now, the potential is even higher than ever.

To any forum members in service to the public that comes with risks... military, law enforcement, corrections, fire, EMS, health care, schools, public works - Thank you all for your service!

Prayers also go out to any forum members with family or friends impacted by any of the mass shootings anytime in recent memory. So many have had a "normal" day just fall apart and had lives changed forever. May God bless you, and keep you strong!
I also used to be in law enforcement, my father was local PD in Newark NJ too. Def no picnic.
I remember seeing/reading in my local news about the new recruit getting gunned down on her 1st shift. Very sad. There's never a "routine" call or traffic stop.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

These shootings are getting out of control, I never thought one would happen by me but anything is possible these days. 10-15 miles or so I am away from where the Tops in Buffalo happened. Wish I could have a few min in a closed room with that piece of s h I t

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you guys don't think ill of me. But I don't really want to ever kill one of those guys (do we even have female mass shooters?) or any criminals, really. As my firearms instructor told me, shoot to stop - to protect yourself or others. If they die, that is their problem.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I hope you guys don't think ill of me. But I don't really want to ever kill one of those guys (do we even have female mass shooters?) or any criminals, really. As my firearms instructor told me, shoot to stop - to protect yourself or others. If they die, that is their problem.
In the academy we're taught center mass--not to injure, but to stop the threat.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If someone tries to rob my house with weapons and I shoot and they survive when they get out of a half day in holding center I personally don’t want them remembering where I live & bringing there boys for payback. Rather have it be the LAST crime they committed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GPPV