BBP Independent Intake Test Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cold air intake product testing took place on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at our Dyno facility in Temecula.

First, I’d like to say a big thank you to our customer Jason Thomas who loaned us his vehicle (2008 Silverado 5.3L Flex Fuel) for the testing!

The truck was completely stock with 130,000 miles, and all testing was conducted with the hood closed to simulate real-world driving conditions. Gains reported are to the wheels as opposed to the crank.

Again, please note that we did not have anything to gain by this intake testing, nor did we have any bias for or against any of the companies’ products being tested. This was strictly an independent testing.

**Also please note that we sell all of the brands of intakes that were tested. For pricing, please email ([email protected]) or PM me.

That all being said, here are the results. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask, but please let’s try to keep all comments respectful and we definitely do not want to see any bashing of any of the tested products.

Results:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55742651/Intake%20Testing/Intake%20Testing%20Results%20-%20Intake%20Testing%20Results.pdf

Pictures:

AEM

DSC00335.JPG

DSC00339.JPG

*We are missing the dyno graph for the AEM, but Justin will get it next time he is up at the shop.

Airaid - Modular Intake Tube ONLY - Stock filter

DSC00325.JPG

DSC00330.JPG

Airaid%20Dyno%20Graph.png

CAI, Inc.

DSC00343.JPG

DSC00347.JPG

CAI%20Dyno%20Graph.png

K&N

DSC00360.JPG

DSC00365.JPG

K%26N%20Dyno%20Graph.png

Volant

DSC00353.JPG

DSC00356.JPG

Volant%20Dyno%20Graph.png

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All pretty close. Airaid Jr looks like it was the best. I wonder what the price differences are for each? Guessing all around the same price?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not all around the same price, there is a pretty wide variation. Feel free to give us a holler if you want pricing on any kit.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn would love to see the AEM results.

willcla

Reaction score
So Close

Never would have guessed that the results would be so close and the products have such a large variance in price.

Definitely bumps the Air Raid Jr closer to the top.

metalemt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the air raid is better after you install their box and cone filter, and it looks like I'm going with my original thoughts of the volant intake, since I can buy it for half the price of a C.A.I. intake. Correction since I did just buy it for half price :rocking:

Last edited:

metalemt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's not as pretty as the graph but the AEM data is in the link with the others