BBP Independent Intake Test Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlackBearPerf

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
K&N reports that their 57 Series gives 5HP more than the 77 Series that you tested. Any thoughts as to whether that could be plausible?

Based on the data we see here and the various types of intakes tested, I don't see how that could be possible.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

any opinion as to which had the best performance, and least noise at high rpm? on my other truck the closed box intakes tend to make so much noise,

With past experience taken into consideration, the CAI, Inc intake performed the best at high RPM (> 5600rpm). Noise levels were not observed.

metalemt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the volant and it is pretty crazy how it reacts at high rpms

2k10silverTahoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
awesome to see these results, i have the AIRAID tube and AIRAID filter coming for my 2010 tahoe lt,,cant wait to get it installed

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Email sent to Jule for MIT

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Whats the part number for that Airaid Jr MIT

Nvm found it, 200-996

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Airaid JR MIT come with just the intake tube, or does it also come with the drop in filter to the stock airbox also?

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends, there is a kit that comes with the filter but if you just buy the MIT 200-996 its only the tube. I only bought the tube cause I plan on running a K&N filter.

Btw Felix MIT stands for Modular Intake Tube, so just the tube :gr_grin:

OP
OP
BlackBearPerf

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the Airaid JR MIT come with just the intake tube, or does it also come with the drop in filter to the stock airbox also?

The MIT is just the modular intake tube. However, there is another kit that is the tube and filter. And then there is another kit that is the tube, filter, and dam panel.

If you are interested, I'd be glad to look up pricing for you. Shoot an email to [email protected] with the year, make, model, and engine of the vehicle you are interested in getting the part for; along with your zip code and I can get pricing on all three Airaid types for you (tube, tube and filter, and tube, filter, and dam panel).

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Julie just to give you a heads up [email protected] is a broken link. This is what it turned back.

"Hello Ben,

We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (parts) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

* You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
* The owner of the group may have removed this group.
* You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
* This group may not be open to posting.

If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at http://support.google.com/a/blackbearperformance.com/bin/topic.py?hl=en_US&topic=25838.

Thanks,

blackbearperformance.com admins"

OP
OP
BlackBearPerf

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Julie just to give you a heads up [email protected] is a broken link. This is what it turned back.

"Hello Ben,

We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (parts) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

* You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
* The owner of the group may have removed this group.
* You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
* This group may not be open to posting.

If you have questions related to this or any other Google Group, visit the Help Center at http://support.google.com/a/blackbearperformance.com/bin/topic.py?hl=en_US&topic=25838.

Thanks,

blackbearperformance.com admins"

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I will definitely look into that.

Ok, how about just email me instead! [email protected]

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645