BBP Independent Intake Test Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This testing just reaffirms the fact that the stock airbox flows plenty of air and the restriction is the intake tube with all its "silencers".

RoliO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This makes me feel good about my choice of Airaid Jr!

Agreed that this unit is probably the cheapest of the bunch and the gains are just as good. What filter are you running on your truck?

BBP,
For this test, what filter was installed in the Airaid Jr? How much is this piece for a 2008 Tahoe with 5.3L?

John_denali

Reaction score
I wonder if using the cold air box from airaid, you know the one with the tube that goes down to get cooler air, and there filter give you much more gains compared to the jr kit. Just wondering bc it's the CAI I just ordered.

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed that this unit is probably the cheapest of the bunch and the gains are just as good. What filter are you running on your truck?

BBP,
For this test, what filter was installed in the Airaid Jr? How much is this piece for a 2008 Tahoe with 5.3L?

I use a k&n because I got it really cheap.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

BBP,

Shoot us an email to [email protected] with your zip and PN you are looking at and we can get you a price. :Handshake:

CAResearch

Reaction score
any opinion as to which had the best performance, and least noise at high rpm? on my other truck the closed box intakes tend to make so much noise,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout