BBK Upgrade To GMT900 Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ratedr120

Reaction score
What's Up Group Just A Question. I Have A 03 Denali And I Need Brakes Like YESTERDAY However I Didn't Want To Purchase And Be Upset Afterwards Because I Didn't Read Correctly. I Feel As If I Might As Well Upgrade To The Next Body Style Of A Brake Kit. Even Though GM Is Pretty Much All The Same, I Should Be Buying The Yukon Denali Calipers And Rotors Correct? Or Will The Tahoe Ones Fit Too?

Secondly Anyone With GMC YUKON DENALI Specific Experience Please Let Me Know ASAP. Do I Need Brackets Too Or Will The Upgraded Parts Bolt On Directly WITHOUT Fabrication?

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red, I went from a 2004 Tahoe (NBS) stock brake to a 2008 Tahoe (NNBS) stock brake. Calipers were direct bolt on, no additional brackets needed. Obviously new rotors also. Worth the upgrade especially if you need new brakes like I did. I have to think your Denali would be the same. Everything I've read says the brake are interchangible between the Tahoe/Denali.

OP
OP
ratedr120

ratedr120

Reaction score
Red, I went from a 2004 Tahoe (NBS) stock brake to a 2008 Tahoe (NNBS) stock brake. Calipers were direct bolt on, no additional brackets needed. Obviously new rotors also. Worth the upgrade especially if you need new brakes like I did. I have to think your Denali would be the same. Everything I've read says the brake are interchangible between the Tahoe/Denali.

Yea Im Just Asking Before I Get Stuck With Doing Work For Nothing Bc The Parts Wont Fit LoL
Hopefully I Can Get Some More Insight On This. Thank You For Your Feedback

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm swapping out my fronts for '07+ fronts hopefully this weekend, calipers will come with the correct brackets, need the new bigger rotors and pads and you should be good!

OP
OP
ratedr120

ratedr120

Reaction score
I'm swapping out my fronts for '07+ fronts hopefully this weekend, calipers will come with the correct brackets, need the new bigger rotors and pads and you should be good!

Ok Thank You, I'm Gonna Give It A Try

OP
OP
ratedr120

ratedr120

Reaction score
Ok Group Just To Update You On My Progress. I Got Calipers, Rotors And Pads From A 07 GMC YUKON And Everything Matched Perfectly. I Now Have An Extra Inch Of Coverage Bc The Rotors Are 1 Inch Larger Than The Stock Ones That Came On My Vehicle. Break Pedal Feels A Lot Better

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Get a hyrdoboost from a 2500 and stainless steel brake lines. Will stop even better!

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Haha any 00-06 2500 truck, search junk yard for cheap price on hydro boost. Posted links on this forum for swap over. The new booster uses power steering hydraulic pressure for brake line instead of vacuum boost off engine. Gives so much damn pedal pressure! Some z71/Denali/escalade had them but have to pop hood to see them.