BB tune '17 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

Vinvin7716

Reaction score
Okay so bear with me as I'm clearly a newbie. I'm very interested in this tune. Sometimes I feel like my truck is lagging when switching gears and as I read above, this tune should fix that. Would this also stop the tremors when I'm in park and in drive when I'm at a complete stop at an intersection?

Damn sounds like you got gremlins in there.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What gas are you running? Have you brought your vehicle in for a warranty check? Perhaps your motor mounts are bad.

Stanky

Reaction score
What gas are you running? Have you brought your vehicle in for a warranty check? Perhaps your motor mounts are bad.

I run 85. And I haven't taken it to a dealer but I've went through the myChevrolet app under warranty and it's still under powertrain and corrosion limited 100k I'm at 53,***. I'll look into the motor mounts this weekend. Thanks.

Stanky

Reaction score
I run 85. And I haven't taken it to a dealer but I've went through the myChevrolet app under warranty and it's still under powertrain and corrosion limited 100k I'm at 53,***. I'll look into the motor mounts this weekend. Thanks.

I run 89* at the least. I'm gonna start pumping 93 and see if I notice anything

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stanky,

You are not alone dealing with the tremor at idle. A family member has a 16 escalade, that takes only 91, and it does shake at idle.
Ours does as well, but we don't do much idling and when we do I have notinced its not as pronounced as the escalade.
I think there is lots of info on this topis.

As far as gas, I have switched from top tier 87 to top tier 89 and the difference is really noticable to me, not to my wife:
when accelerating, much smoother and no harshness on the top end like i use to have.

I will get a BB tune as well shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157