Battery Recomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshuaryan

Reaction score
I'm considering doing the dual-battery install on my Yukon Denali XL. The vehicle is completely stock but has the battery drain issue. I currently have the stock replacement battery today (AC-Delco unit).

I've had the battery and alternator tested and they are reporting no issues.

So, what have you had luck with in terms of batteries? I know many prefer Optima but I've also looked at the prices and have a hard time with that.

I was considering these:
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...m_10210829-p?navigationPath=L1*14920|L2*15000

I can get them at 50.00 off with a coupon and if I'm doing dual batteries, I'd have to replace the existing unit right?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, going on a vacation here in a couple weeks and don't want to run into any dead battery issues.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
If your having a battery drain issue, you should get that looked at and fixed asap. Otherwise your just going to kill the new batteries dont waste your money on a optima. Some of us dont have problems and some of us had issues where they just fail. Sometimes when they fail they really go bad, I had one that Internally shorted and melted itself. Made a mess in the engine bay of an old car. Interstate batteries even sears that offers a warranty. Oem is good too and often cheaper to replace.

also are you leaving anything plugged into your power outlets? These never turn off and if something like a gps left plugged in can kill your battery

OP
OP
J

joshuaryan

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I have always had good luck with autocraft batteries. The only thing I have that stays plugged in is my cell phone chargers (2)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts