Side post battery strikes again (audio)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m wiring a fully custom audio system.

The factory audio amplifier keeps cutting out, sometimes I fire up my truck and I get no audio there are 0 wire issues and if the amp starts playing audio no issues.

it’s somewhere between the aftermarket headunit and truck. I’m done with it. So I’m gonna run all my own wires and amplifiers.

Problem number 1. Side post battery terminals. I had the idea when I saw this to be able to wire an amplifier distribution block + fuse holder to my battery post without chopping out the factory junk side posts.

It seems like you can hook another 3/8” lug on the back to seep power plug and play, would this work? I’m doing all of the big 3 and hoping the alternator I wanna throw in is actually 220 amps. 4-6 tweeters with a low frequency filter, 6.5” door speakers, amp for the door speakers and tweeters, amp for the sub(s) I’m looking into 2 12’s because that’s probably all I can squeeze out of a mostly factory power system sure a alternator would help but you need other things like batteries and when the time comes for a new battery I’m switching to top posts.

I believe the factory headunit does some electrical pixies to the amplifier and makes it work but the new head unit doesnt do. and I’d rather wire all custom stuff that I want anyways than screw with factory things that won’t fulfill my bass needs.

If someone is looking for a OEM audio amplifier and OEM headunit with broken CD player and some missing button caps they may come onto the market from me. The amplifier should be fine it’s just not working with my aftermarket head unit. 9A27098C-D0A8-43A0-B5FD-5BA48AA3B6CA.png

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crutchfield sells them so I assume they’re skookum?
F7DC8F2E-DA58-4FCB-A8A0-4EB284A60CA9.png

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Bunch of companies make dual post batteries. You can keep your Tahoe electronics stock connections to the side post. Then all you’re aftermarket audio to the top post.

My optima battery is set up like this. But optima apparently isn’t the best battery money can buy anymore.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could install auxiliary battery in that space on the passenger side of the engine bay just for the toys.
There is a tray that can be installed in the back corner, under the corner brace, it it is not already there.

Here is one example from the forum...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9