barn doors dont like to stay open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmdrpopnfresh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
anyone else have this problem? im pretty sure that the hinges are the problem. does anyone know of an aftermarket kit to add some gas struts to the doors to hold them open? or something to that effect? if not are the hinges replaceable? thanks guys!

BlackedOutHoe

Low & Slow
Reaction score
Mine don't stay open well either, but I just shove something between the door and the body so it wont close if I need to be in the back.

boble94

GM All The Way!
Reaction score
well, do you guys hve the check straps?
if so, open it part way and push the strap and then open the door all the way.
it should stay open.

OP
OP
C

Cmdrpopnfresh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes i have those metal straps. but that doesnt always work for me. if im parked on a slope they still close sometimes. and also they can open too far and hit the tail light....id prefer they just work the way theyre supposed. anyone ever fix this?

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
Just go to the junkyard and get some off of another truck. Thats the only way I know how to fix them. You could try bending them but from what I have heard they will typically break before they bend back far enough.

qlc1964

qlc1964
Reaction score
i changed the pass door check i got 2 pairs out the junk yard

(pocket item) free

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
even after i changed it out it didn't last long. started doing the same thing again. think it's a problem with the design or the angle. i haven't had good luck with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleTank