Bankrupt GM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UWMlax15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you guys think the GM bankruptcy (spelling?) will affect us as owners and possibly future owners? Do you guys think buying a new Tahoe will become difficult in the coming years or is nothing really going to change? Does the bankrupty make you want to get rid of your GM or keep it longer?

3blackchevys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will continue to buy GM as long as there is a GM. I'm excited and very optimistic about the future of the company and look forward to new cars like the Volt, Cruze, 2010 Equinox, 2010 Buick Lacrosse, Orlando concept, etc....while still supporting the cause of vehicles like the Tahoe and Silverado ( which are still selling).

Man Van

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Link to GM filing for bankruptcy? Last I heard they axed the Pontiac and SAAB divison, and GMC was next in line.

I honestly think there won't be a drastic change. Parts will still be made for our vehcles etc.... If this is true it won't affect me wanting to get rid of the 2 GMs I currently own. If anything there will be a light decrease in the value of GM vehicles. Then over time the vehicles will somewhat go back up. If I was currently shopping for a vehicle a GM vehicle would still be on my list of wants.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
its all over the newes. Its been announced for a week now. Monday june first chapter 11.

scarpi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As a proud owner of an 02 yukon, I won't be supporting Obama Motors because I don't agree with the government sticking its nose in a private company and trying to force us into small vehicles. When my wife and I travel, we have used our Yukon to tow a 6500 pound trailer and have our two cocker spaniels relaxing in the large area behind the front seat all the way to the rear hatch. They love it and we love it. We have also used the four wheel drive to go offroading in the forest. These are things you can't do in a small car. So when the time comes to replace my Yukon (if ever), I will have to look at a Ford Expedition since they did not get involved with the government (and hopefully they won't). I would have considered a next generation Tahoe or Yukon, but not after the government ownership of the company. Sorry .
Hey Rollin Thunder, I also have an 05 Mustang GT in Redfire. Nice picture!

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
GM will be fine. I will be keeping my Yukon till it is payed off whether or not GM survives, which i am pretty confidante they will.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
As a proud owner of an 02 yukon, I won't be supporting Obama Motors because I don't agree with the government sticking its nose in a private company and trying to force us into small vehicles. When my wife and I travel, we have used our Yukon to tow a 6500 pound trailer and have our two cocker spaniels relaxing in the large area behind the front seat all the way to the rear hatch. They love it and we love it. We have also used the four wheel drive to go offroading in the forest. These are things you can't do in a small car. So when the time comes to replace my Yukon (if ever), I will have to look at a Ford Expedition since they did not get involved with the government (and hopefully they won't). I would have considered a next generation Tahoe or Yukon, but not after the government ownership of the company. Sorry .

Thanks, thats my new 2010. Well a picture of what mine should look like. Torch red, Should be here this week hopefully.

Man Van

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Amen to that. I see how the government runs it's construction, welfare, social security etc... I'm scared to see how they run a auto manufacture.
LOL at it being in the news. I never watch it.

3blackchevys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
saw a video of the president from earlier in the year getting out of a suburban. i know they have plenty of them for fbi, secret service, etc.

i wonder if he liked the room and comfort

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM HAD to file for bankruptcy... they have too many contracts that they need to get out of. GMC isnt goin anywhere.. its Saturn, Saab and Pontiac that are getting the axe.

We saw this same thing goin on with the Fire Apperatus companies. Alot of filed Chap 11 and got out of alot of crap and are now restructuring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo