Bank 2 sensor 1 oxygen sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Obiwanjacobi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello I am having major issues with fuel mileage and rough idle with a good amount of random misfires. I am getting codes p1153, p0153,p0171, and p0174. I just had the computers replaced along with the wiring harness for the engine. I’ve already replaced the o2 sensor but it’s still not reading right. I graphed it and it’s just a gradual line increasing then it’ll drop and do it again but no major changes. Has anyone else had this problem? It dies out sometimes but it will just start right back up with no issues. The truck also runs like crap when switching between v8 and v4 mode until the check engine flashes then it’ll just stay in v8 mode on the highway and you don’t feel the misfire after that. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
O

Obiwanjacobi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
bad injectors? bad coil packs? last tune up>? bad cat? intake leak? maf?
New plugs new wires new MAF. No intake leak or vacuum leaks I don’t think it’s the coil pack because it runs fine after I clear the codes. How would you be able to check the injectors or tell if the cat is bad?

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check fuel pressure and get a scan tool where you can look at live data

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
infrared thermometer to check the cat temp's, unplug injectors one at a time and see if there is any noticeable difference or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26