BANDPASS BOX BUILD 2 SUNDOWN Z V5 15S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reallywittheshit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey I am trying to attempt to build my own subwoofer box in my 2010 yukon denali.... BBASICALLY I HAVE 2 SUNDOWN ZV.5 15'S I want my box to have an acrylic window showing the inside of the box so I've been leaning towards a 6th order bandpass box but those are difficult to build so maybe a ported box with the window might be a better idea..... I am knowledgeable enough to complete either build I just am hoping someone has already made their own and have some type of plans/ pictures/ cut sheet for the wood.... im going to use birch.... I appreciate any and all help.... thanks

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I am trying to attempt to build my own subwoofer box in my 2010 yukon denali.... BBASICALLY I HAVE 2 SUNDOWN ZV.5 15'S I want my box to have an acrylic window showing the inside of the box so I've been leaning towards a 6th order bandpass box but those are difficult to build so maybe a ported box with the window might be a better idea..... I am knowledgeable enough to complete either build I just am hoping someone has already made their own and have some type of plans/ pictures/ cut sheet for the wood.... im going to use birch.... I appreciate any and all help.... thanks

https://www.facebook.com/FlatlineDesigns2020/

This guy is spoken of very highly in the Reddit carAV community. He’ll design your box and send blue prints. You do have to pay for it but I’ve read great things about them. Never used them myself but I figured I’d share the link

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you want to build something that can be heard from 2 blocks away, or set of car alarms close by. Sorry, I cannot help you with that use case.

That being said, I don't think that a 6th order band box is necessary for your application, and I think that a simple ported box with design specs to match your subs, with a good amp with a good built-in low pass filter will meet your needs. But, if your objective is to 'show' it off, then I guess that the 6th order bandpass design will be visually appealing. :2cents:

camaroz2887

Reaction score
6th order is tough and very picky from my experience. Which admittedly isn’t a whole lot but I played with the idea for a bit. Never got it sounding the way I wanted just to peaky/hard to blend

You’ve got the right truck for the job but that box would be huge judging from a quick scan on sundowns website. 4.25 cuft for a single ported box is a lot, let alone the size increase for band pass.

All that being said if ya do it I’m VERY interested to see your results good or bad.

Any particular reason your leaning to birch and not mdf?

Be prepared for sticker shock all the wood prices skyrocketed at least here in nj.

Good luck with the project

Thatsquishykid717

Annoying guy with the loud stereo
Reaction score
Find a reputable designer and pay the 40 bucks for a cut sheet/design. They will send you a 3D printout with all the cut dimensions and everything. You can talk with them and have them design exactly what you want. Check out bassahaulic productions, ez db designs, or jeepandbass they will get you setup with what you need.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To build you own box and optimize it you your existing speakers, you will need to know the specific parameters of your speakers. With those parameters in hand, you can start your design and build project.

http://www.bcae1.com/spboxad2.htm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts