ball joint replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so I recently purchased a 97 gmc Yukon

I am currently trying to replace the lower ball joint. It was so shot that it came out of the a arm! Now I am having trouble removing it from the hub. any ideas? I have pressed and mechanically agitated it and it will not move....

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I would spray the Hell out of it with silicone spray and beat the Hell out of it til it gives and comes out

OP
OP
E

elt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I currently have it back in the a arm and lifted with my hydraulic floor jack by lifting on the shaft of the ball joint. Still not moving!

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Lift with maybe a cylinder that will go on the joints case not on the shaft and use a mallet on the arm

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

By mallet I mean a big Ass hammer or sledge hammer

OP
OP
E

elt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
only the shaft is sticking through the hub. I am considering cutting the ball joint off....

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should really have a ball joint tool with a impact wrench to power it. it would go a lot easier then.

This is the best answer. You need to get ball joint tools. You can buy it from Harbor Freight for $40 or so.

OP
OP
E

elt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the tool, it wont budge it either.