Bagged the tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well boys and girls the Tahoe is Bagged.. TOW bags that is..

last night i did the install of the Air Lift bags. i would rate the job a 2:10 as it was not that hard and did not take that much time.

i started by deflating the bags. then i jacked up the rear of the truck a couple inched to spread the coils a tad wider. then it was a balancing act of USING HANDS ONLY to feed the bags into the coils.. once in there are 1.5" heavy rubber mounts for top and bottom.. then i carefully routed the air lines to the 7 way outlet where i drilled 2 holes for the valve stems.. and installed them at this location.. simple and clean.. i plan to add a viair compressor and tank and regulators in the near future, but for now this will work perfect as i can grab air at any gas station or at the house out mu large compressor..

overall at 30psi i can have the rear about an 1.5"-2 higher than the front. but at 5-8psi i am deal level with front for every day.. so i can gain a few inches when it squats with a trailer and air up and be level..

towing the camper with bags and the stabilizing leveling sway hitch should be a dream now.. nice and level and smooth..

i have a 600 mile camping trip in june that will be the true long distance review of the ride quality aired up and towing about 4k loaded.

overall so far i am very happy with the ride quality..

2b717186.jpg
229f8569.jpg
14a8e03d.jpg

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Damn that looks good. Love your tahoe man....

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
jdpber

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn how did you get it up that high? What set-up do you have?

im running a Trail master 6" suspension lift.. i called up Air Lift with the dimensions of my rear coils and had them make a set of 2,000# bags for my specs.. tires are 35s on 20s..

soon i will be adding: tank, valves, regulators, and a viair compressor.. horn also most likely i mean why not..

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And those towing mirrors complements the Tahoe well. Damn wish I had the money to spend on a suspension lift and 35s

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im running a Trail master 6" suspension lift.. i called up Air Lift with the dimensions of my rear coils and had them make a set of 2,000# bags for my specs.. tires are 35s on 20s..

soon i will be adding: tank, valves, regulators, and a viair compressor.. horn also most likely i mean why not..

I am done helping you if you are adding train horns.

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks good man. I'll bet those bags will really make a big difference in stablizing when towing.

Mike

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that is awesome!! Have you ever though about taking off the side molding and colormatching the handles? I love what you've done to Le Tahoe so far :)

OP
OP
jdpber

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am done helping you if you are adding train horns.

lol.. doubt the wife will let that happen anyways.. for now Freeway blasters work fine they are 130db.. plus cant justify the moneys for T horns i would like..

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol.. doubt the wife will let that happen anyways.. for now Freeway blasters work fine they are 130db.. plus cant justify the moneys for T horns i would like..

Shoulda installed train horns on Le Crayola when you had it :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missymom68

Latest posts