Back to driving my 2000 Suburban after a bad crash. Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fredro4Sho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Last week while on a fill trip, I hit a patch of ice and rolled my 2010 Yukon XL Denali. I am pretty sure this vehicle saved our lives along with some help from above.

Question

My Suburban feels wobbily at times. Not sure how to explain it. Wobbily when turning corners. Is that a sign I should replace my shocks and springs?

I also want to upgrade to an LED cluster with a newer face. Not many options for a 2000 put there. Anyone know of a website that I can check out?

Thanks

Below are pics of the Yukon. All of my kids were in car seats and were all ok. My wife has a concussion and I ended up trapped in the driver's side for an hour with a large laceration to my hand cutting a tendon. We were very lucky5dd58fa7c189fad34cf55568e4da1aa4.jpga514609a76c29106fbd4cdb6f7bab62f.jpg2a485ac93fb257cd3d849203f3366c6e.jpg555ec0123150109e2c900e3e35c10e69.jpg94bb3a4915d6cc9ccba639c0ad3dce7c.jpg1138da0c1a40aa00c2099862d364bab1.jpg

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
Glad everyone was ok what a blessing!

gmcguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Everything I hear is these vehicles are some of the best rated for accidents in all scenarios... except for a roll. So glad you guys all were able to walk away, I have a 2yo boy and that middle of the vehicle makes me feel safe about him sitting in the mid/back rows later on. I have 2013 Yukon xl Denali 2wd (in FL not much need for the AWD) was the accident on an inclined piece of road where the ice was? Or was there a tire issue?

OP
OP
S

Stimpy911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything I hear is these vehicles are some of the best rated for accidents in all scenarios... except for a roll. So glad you guys all were able to walk away, I have a 2yo boy and that middle of the vehicle makes me feel safe about him sitting in the mid/back rows later on. I have 2013 Yukon xl Denali 2wd (in FL not much need for the AWD) was the accident on an inclined piece of road where the ice was? Or was there a tire issue?
I don't know if my tires needed replacing but I did notice with AWD that at times taking off from a stop, especially a turn that my back end would fish tail before the traction control kicked in. Happened more than I liked honestly.

drummin1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Last week while on a fill trip, I hit a patch of ice and rolled my 2010 Yukon XL Denali. I am pretty sure this vehicle saved our lives along with some help from above.

Dang! That's so scary....glad you're OK!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Question

My Suburban feels wobbily at times. Not sure how to explain it. Wobbily when turning corners. Is that a sign I should replace my shocks and springs?

I also want to upgrade to an LED cluster with a newer face. Not many options for a 2000 put there. Anyone know of a website that I can check out?

Thanks

Below are pics of the Yukon. All of my kids were in car seats and were all ok. My wife has a concussion and I ended up trapped in the driver's side for an hour with a large laceration to my hand cutting a tendon. We were very lucky2a485ac93fb257cd3d849203f3366c6e.jpg
3rd photo looks like a GMC version of the avalanche..

FRONT END swap might be in order.. for some 1 with an avalanche

OneofFew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you are ok. As to the driveability issues: Given the age of the vehicle, I would expect It may need the whole suspension redone. Tie rods, drag links, pitman arm, control arms, sway bar end links, rear track bar could all be causing your issue. Mine needs control arms currently and the net effect is that it wanders when going over uneven ground like touching the white line with a tire. Wind pushes it around.

Fixxer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow, that was a bad wreck! Glad you all made it ok...
If you end up needing to replace the steering gear box in your Burban, I would highly recommend going with a Red-Head gear box. I tried to get a new gearbox from the part store and ended up installing 5 "re-manufactured" units and never did get a good one (They all had varying degrees of slop, one had as much as a quarter turn of the wheel without the pitman budging) . They cost quite a bit more, but i believe if you want a factory new feeling gear box, that Red-Head is the only way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts