Back to driving my 2000 Suburban after a bad crash. Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beagleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy Cow ................ as everyone else has said, glad everyone is ok, and the truck is a mess, BUT it sure did it's job very well....... my wife and I were in our '19 Tahoe last night and I asked her if she felt safe, she said yes, and this PROVES how good these trucks really are.....thanks for sharing this......

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Great job on getting everyone buckled up the right way at the right time. The big man said it’s not your (or your family’s) time. Godspeed Sir!

The mush in your front suspension is all the bushings deteriorating. Drop it off for tie rods, control arm bushes, sway bar bushes, and then have em verify if there’s life in anything else. Warn the tech to watch for condition of steering box. It’d suck to have it apart to find out the box is bad and pay to take it apart again as well as align it twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cycho

Reaction score
When you say "wobbily" do you mean that it feels like it wants to roll or is the rear end feeling like it is swaying. I'm curious because our Tahoe feels like sway (tail wagging), it actually feels like the rear is swaying to the point that it causes the front to oversteer. Would like to know what fixed it for you.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, glad you’re all ok. Like you said you can always replace a vehicle. Curious if you had the drivetrain in 4H or Auto 4WD or just 2WD. Though maybe in you’re year the Denalis are AWD. But in any case do you remember what setting it was in?

OP
OP
S

Stimpy911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, glad you’re all ok. Like you said you can always replace a vehicle. Curious if you had the drivetrain in 4H or Auto 4WD or just 2WD. Though maybe in you’re year the Denalis are AWD. But in any case do you remember what setting it was in?

AWD

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Stimpy911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say "wobbily" do you mean that it feels like it wants to roll or is the rear end feeling like it is swaying. I'm curious because our Tahoe feels like sway (tail wagging), it actually feels like the rear is swaying to the point that it causes the front to oversteer. Would like to know what fixed it for you.
Swaying I would say. Not bad but with play in steering wheel I need to address both.

OP
OP
S

Stimpy911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job on getting everyone buckled up the right way at the right time. The big man said it’s not your (or your family’s) time. Godspeed Sir!

The mush in your front suspension is all the bushings deteriorating. Drop it off for tie rods, control arm bushes, sway bar bushes, and then have em verify if there’s life in anything else. Warn the tech to watch for condition of steering box. It’d suck to have it apart to find out the box is bad and pay to take it apart again as well as align it twice.

Pretty sure the box as well needs an adjustment or replacement. I have watched the YouTube videos but have not tried to adjust it yet.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that you came through this with relatively minor injuries after such an accident

Am I the only one surprised by the amount of intrusion by the roof at the windshield, and the rear pillars? Given the forces involved I wouldn't expect many cars to come through such a crash without some intrusion. I was hoping that these trucks would have had a little better reinforcement around the roofline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat